Mask Report

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Mamma Lucia's made an announcement on Facebook yesterday that they are not requiring masks of their employees or customers. Everyone is free to do as they see fit for themselves

FTS

Went to Safeway in Waldorf yesterday. Me and one other person were maskless. No one said anything, the cashier was smiling and talkative (kind of unusual there but...).

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
It felt good to walk into a store sans mask. Kind of like skinny dipping. :jet:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I had my mask with me when I went into Giant but off, because I was slurping down a big cup of coffee.
I noticed another patron in the produce section without a mask, but then employees and other shopper with masks.
Nobody said Boo to those of us without masks on. I put it on when I wasn't drinking coffee.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Facebook group:

Mask Free Businesses in SOMD
Most of Leonardtown. Some employees are wearing masks but only because their management doesn't want to offend anyone.
That is more or less a quote from one employee - the owner felt it made better business sense for the staff to be masked.
Very few if any asked if people were vaccinated. It's like personal responsibility.
Now on base???????? Crazy town. Officially, but now it's on hold as it slides down to Groups / Departments / Divisions and Branches.
Policy may be on a space by space basis. How to drive people crazy

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Most of Leonardtown. Some employees are wearing masks but only because their management doesn't want to offend anyone.
That is more or less a quote from one employee - the owner felt it made better business sense for the staff to be masked.
Very few if any asked if people were vaccinated. It's like personal responsibility.
Now on base???????? Crazy town. Officially, but now it's on hold as it slides down to Groups / Departments / Divisions and Branches.
Policy may be on a space by space basis. How to drive people crazy
I've seen the email for the base. My office is off base and hasn't put out any word yet.

Kinnakeet

Newbie here, but what the hell, I'll jump right in...
Yesterday I went to:
Dean's in Hollywood - no mask needed by customers, employees waiting to be told by their boss they could get rid of them
Dollar General in Hollywood- everyone but me wearing a mask, but no one said anything
CPFU California- masks optional sign for customers about 50/50 had them in/off, employees still had them
Dairy Queen Charlotte Hall- asked me if I had a mask, I said no, they said they couldn't take my order so I said "ok" with a bright visible smile and left
Bert's Diner: hey, I still wanted ice cream! They got my business, no mask required for employees or customers, a good mix of both
CD Cafe, Solomon's- didn't go there, but daughter works there and no masks required for anyone

I have been lurking and loving this forum for awhile now. Decided it was time to join the fun!
What was the age group of mask wearing sheep

rio

What was the age group of mask wearing sheep
I would say mostly 20 something's, BUT...
At the bank there was a man, probably late 50's, who held up his mask and asked the teller if he needed to wear it, said" I have my vax card if you need to see it". Teller said (very kindly) mask was his choice and they weren't checking. He said he'd put his in since she had hers on.

PeoplesElbow

Pax River is stating no masks if you've been fully vaccinated and it's two weeks past your final vaccination date. Commanders/Supervisors are not supposed to question. Full masks indoors/outdoors for those not vaccinated. Fair enough I guess. They are offering the vaccine at the health clinic to government workers, retirees and their dependents with an appointment.

Pax River NAS Updates Masking Requirements | thebaynet.com | TheBayNet.com | Articles
Our leadership says since they have no way of truely knowing everyone still has to wear a mask.

Kinnakeet

I would say mostly 20 something's, BUT...
At the bank there was a man, probably late 50's, who held up his mask and asked the teller if he needed to wear it, said" I have my vax card if you need to see it". Teller said (very kindly) mask was his choice and they weren't checking. He said he'd put his in since she had hers on.
Democrats...lol

BernieP

Resident PIA
I've seen the email for the base. My office is off base and hasn't put out any word yet.
I have seen several emails and the Facebook post from Commander (NDW) Patuxent River.
However, I also received emails from my group and their policy may be more restrictive.
DoD Big Navy and NAVAIR / NAWCAD said masks not required on base or in facilities - unless otherwise defined.
So some spaces may decide to keep a mask policy in place. My attitude is you are going to confuse the hell out of people and that does not make for a happy workforce. I'm sure there are some, I know there are some, whining liberals who want us to stay locked down.
I will tell you, most people do no. As noted about Solomons and Leonardtown. People and business are happy. Hell, most have more space now with the outdoors added.

DogWhisperer

Please list business still requiring masks to AVOID shopping at locally

Dollar General
Target
CVS
Walgreens
Ulta

Are all maintaining mask wearing according to WAPO

I encourage all others to boycott these businesses appealing to the Marxist virtue signaling and support freedom of choice and science
I was in Target yesterday and if you're fully vaccinated you don't have to wear the mask.

TPD

the poor dad
My daughter informed me about an hour ago that we have had three or four customers come in today who have refused to shop at Dyson‘s this morning because they are still requiring a mask. Which does not make a whole lot of sense since we have never required a mask to shop in our store. Customers are so fickle.

Last September we had one customer really given us a hard time about not requiring masks in our store. He was blowing up our Facebook page with nasty comments. He finally said he was taking all of his business to Dyson’s since they require the mask. Then he had to eat crow and apologize and come back to us for something. The whole thing was he was moving out of our area anyway, getting his house ready for sale and found how inconvenient it was to drive 25 mins to Dyson for small hardware items. But then a month later after selling his house and moving, he started posting nasty comments again and refused to come back into our store. After moving he was not Going to drive 30 minutes to patronize us anymore. Sounds like today he may have more room for himself in Dyson‘s And be tickled that they are still requiring a mask. Let’s hope Ricky Schroeder does not shop at Dyson‘s today or he will be calling for a boycott…

Last edited:

tipsymcgee

We went from the mask police to now the no-mask police, and neither of you are better than the other. I may lose it if someone says, hey, you know you don't have to wear it anymore?!

I don't care what you do but the hand sanitizing stations should stick around forever. Our family of five had maybe the most sick-free winter in our history.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My daughter informed me about an hour ago that we have had three or four customers come in today who have refused to shop at Dyson‘s this morning because they are still requiring a mask. Which does not make a whole lot of sense since we have never required a mask to shop in our store. Customers or so fickle.

Last September we had one customer really given us a hard time about not requiring masks in our store. He was blowing up our Facebook page with nasty comments. He finally said he was taking all of his business to Dyson’s since they require the mask. Then he had to eat crow and apologize and come back to us for something. The whole thing was he was moving out of our area anyway, getting his house ready for sale and found how inconvenient it was to drive 25 mins to Dyson for small hardware items. But then a month later after selling his house and moving, he started posting nasty comments again and refused to come back into our store. After moving he was not Going to drive 30 minutes to patronize us anymore. Sounds like today he may have more room for himself in Dyson‘s And be tickled that they are still requiring a mask. Let’s hope Ricky Schroeder does not shop at Dyson‘s today or he will be calling for a boycott…
My gawd...some people have no lives...