Mask Report

PeoplesElbow

Nope - did make an appointment on base though and of all the crazy things; I have to print up and fill out a DD form something. It's a PDF document and I had click on something to download Adobe in order to print it. Then the instructions said I had to buy it, ONLY it's not available in this area so...I don't know WTF I'm doing again. And my computer is getting all kinds of pop ups now. I do want to get the vaccine though so at least that much has been resolved.

Did you get one? Were you able to get one for your mom?
Yes, we both got the pfizer, I got mine at Walgreens. Neither one of us had much in way of side effects.

PeoplesElbow

😂

I'm 5'2". Years ago, I was at the dollar store in Wildewood and this tiny little 4' something woman asked me to get something off the shelf for her. I guess she thought I was tall. 😂
I saw a woman at Walmart jumping trying to get something near the cream cheese, I went over to help and she started yelling at me that she was no damsel in distress, she stood on the freezer lip and busted her ass as I watched.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I saw a woman at Walmart jumping trying to get something near the cream cheese, I went over to help and she started yelling at me that she was no damsel in distress, she stood on the freezer lip and busted her ass as I watched.
How rude of her! I guess karma knocked that chip right off her shoulder. :jet:

PeoplesElbow

That's what I'm scheduled for at Pax. Turns out the DOD form was really a DHA Form and I didn't need Adobe to print it - found it elsewhere. No excuses now.
Good, if you do need any sort of computer or printing help hollar at me.

If you need some reassurance feel free to holler at me too.

PS you may need some virus or spyware removal. There are some good free programs AVG or Panda are ones I like.

1stGenSMIB

+1 on the shot & PE's comments. I know everyone has their own opinion (gawd, esp. in this place! :))...but, the gov't has made it clear that their approach to this thing is restrictions get lifted the more people get vaccinated. We only need to get MD to 70%..we are at 66% the last I checked.
I did the Pfizer too, which is what was available at Blue Crabs Stadium max-vax site, but glad to see it is available at most local drug stores now. After my 2nd shot, I felt just a little run-down (almost like a hangover) for the next morning, and I was fine by the afternoon.
If you have a personal reservation or medical reason why you might skip it, fine, but my 83 yr old step father got his shots, no problem. If any anti-vaxer's want to bitch at me about not wearing my mask anymore, they can suck it. I will comply a little while longer for individual businesses still requiring masks as a courtesy (Dyson's is a good example) as they work thru their own road map.
SG - for the computer stuff, if you are using a Windoze 10 machine, they have some anti-bad-guy stuff built in. I have a little "Windows Security" notification in the bottom right corner next to the time/date readout in the task bar. Make sure that stuff is up-to-date and also like PE's suggestions. It often takes a multi-tier approach..no one program seems to catch everything...

Last edited:

1stGenSMIB

You can also just download the Adobe Reader as an add-on/extension for your browser (I use Chrome) and then I don't think you don't need the entire Adobe stuff. It will launch PDFs as a new tab right in the browser, which should be good enough for most casual PDF things like view/print.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just got back from Giant. No mask. I felt so...... evil. Naughty. But I could actually smell things, like bakery items. Didn't realize I was missing that sensation.

But no one said a word or questioned it. Most were still masked including staff. The signs now read, paraphrasing, 'masks required unless fully vaccinated'.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Just got back from Giant. No mask. I felt so...... evil. Naughty. But I could actually smell things, like bakery items. Didn't realize I was missing that sensation.

But no one said a word or questioned it. Most were still masked including staff. The signs now read, paraphrasing, 'masks required unless fully vaccinated'.
Hopefully the ones in Calvert are the same. Look forward to going on Friday to check.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Lowes yesterday, everyone still masked, including in the parking lot.

Giant today, everyone still masked, including the parking lot.

Have these people not gotten the memo, or are they all unvaccinated, or do they have some strange point to prove?

I'm confused.

PeoplesElbow

Lowes yesterday, everyone still masked, including in the parking lot.

Giant today, everyone still masked, including the parking lot.

Have these people not gotten the memo, or are they all unvaccinated, or do they have some strange point to prove?

I'm confused.
I'm pretty sure these people are even more freaked out now that there are people without masks.