Mask Report

PJay

How dare you. My gay, conjoined twin brother died of Covid-aids in spring 2006.

My grandfather use to play a little game..he would say his toe hurt..then wait a while to hear my grandmother say her toe hurt, too. I still see him sitting arms crossed resting on his belly jiggling up and down while giggling.

Mavis

Firstly thank you to everyone that does still wear a mask in public places, even though it's no longer required.
As a fully vaccinated immunosuppressed member of the community, I have just read a report released by John's Hopkins. It states research has shown most transplant patients that have been vaccinated, show little or no anti bodies due to the medication they have to take. They are working on a solution.
So for those of you who think having to wear a face covering for 30 mins while you shop is hell, (and I agree) please remember some people are left with no choice!

HGMilstead

Pretty much the same...as far as being local to the SOMD area.

given how sensitive everyone on this forum seems to be I am starting to reconsider whether or not somd will be a good place for me (and the rotting carcass of my gay conjoined twin) to call home.
Firstly thank you to everyone that does still wear a mask in public places, even though it's no longer required.
As a fully vaccinated immunosuppressed member of the community, I have just read a report released by John's Hopkins. It states research has shown most transplant patients that have been vaccinated, show little or no anti bodies due to the medication they have to take. They are working on a solution.
So for those of you who think having to wear a face covering for 30 mins while you shop is hell, (and I agree) please remember some people are left with no choice!

It’s a little sad that you’d have to say thanks, and im not too sure how much support you’ll get for pointing this out here on this forum. Either way, stay safe.

ontheriver

given how sensitive everyone on this forum seems to be I am starting to reconsider whether or not somd will be a good place for me (and the rotting carcass of my gay conjoined twin) to call home.

It’s a little sad that you’d have to say thanks, and im not too sure how much support you’ll get for pointing this out here on this forum. Either way, stay safe.
With all due respect,
That's a pretty broad brush. Sensitive is not the word I would use to describe "everyone" here. That's actually kinda funny. You're the one who seems sensitive... and I'm sorry you feel that way. To each their own.

TPD

the poor dad
Can someone explain to me why MY life has to change now because of EVERYONE ELSE'S health conditions?

Concerning mask reports - I went to a business this week that still has their doors closed to the public. They will only talk to you on the phone. I wanted to pay a bill - they asked me to leave it in their drop box outside, wouldn't even come to the door to accept it. I had heard early on they closed their doors to the public because of one employee who was compromised. Never confirmed that. But to still have your doors closed to the public a year later is beyond ridiculous IMO. Not really sure if this is better than being forced to wear a mask inside or not. I value my employees but not sure if I would radically change my business model for 1 employee. I need to think a bit more about this one...

rio

My daughters both have severe nut/peanut allergies. I think the next time I go to a restaurant that serves anything with nuts in it to remove those items from the menu. My (grown) children should not have to worry about protecting themselves just because all those other diners like nuts and aren't allergic to them.

HGMilstead

With all due respect,
That's a pretty broad brush. Sensitive is not the word I would use to describe "everyone" here. That's actually kinda funny. You're the one who seems sensitive... and I'm sorry you feel that way. To each their own.
I don’t know. I’d hope there was some sort of silent majority but people posting about feeling guilted by a sign... high sensitivity if you ask me.

HGMilstead

My daughters both have severe nut/peanut allergies. I think the next time I go to a restaurant that serves anything with nuts in it to remove those items from the menu. My (grown) children should not have to worry about protecting themselves just because all those other diners like nuts and aren't allergic to them.
This is such an intelligent take and I am so very glad you reproduced. Hooray for humanity :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
With all due respect,
I'm far from sensitive and roll with the punches. I've also had my h8erz through the years. :diva:

ontheriver

My daughter has medical issues as well. She has been terrified during this whole thing, but IMO her fear is worse.

Reactions: rio

HGMilstead

My daughter has medical issues as well. She has been terrified during this whole thing, but IMO her fear is worse.

sure, her fear might be worse than the actual threat. But erring on the on the side of basic and courteous caution by wearing a mask (when asked) seems like a no brainer.

HGMilstead

It's not the sign.... again, broad brush.

It was, though. That was where I jumped in on this, in response to people complaining about a sign. And then lots defended this whining and others added thoughts along the lines of “I don’t like how those signs are worded.” A bunch of crying pansies, or so it seems.

Oh well.