Mask Report

stgislander

PREMO Member
I got got last week at the courthouse in Leonardtown. Finally decided it was time to get my notary renewed after a year of expiration, though still legal because of the state of emergency. Got to the front door of the courthouse and saw no mask sign - oh great because I’d didn’t have one anyway! As soon as I walk in there is the officer pulling out the thermometer. Takes my temperature, which I thought has already been determined to prove nothing. Theater. Then he proceeds to ask questions- do you have symptoms, have you been around anyone with symptoms, have you traveled anywhere, blah blah blah. I answer no and start walking towards security to empty my pockets thinking I had passed the test. Nope - one more question took me by surprise- have you bee vaccinated? I answer no and continue taking keys out of pocket to put through security. Officer states I need a mask. I ignore him and try to continue on. He asks if I have a mask and I answer no. He states he has a mask for me and I must wear one since I Haven’t been vaccinated. WTF! So I’ve been 15 months without a mask and now I have to wear one after the mandate has been lifted. It took me by surprise so I wasn’t prepared to come back at him. I was pissed but put the diaper on and got my notary renewed. In and out in less than 10 minutes. It’s all theater and it’s all BS!
My guess is Dr. Mean Girl has your mug shot posted in every govt building in the county with instructions to make your day as miserable as possible.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
now I have to wear one after the mandate has been lifted.
When the mandate was lifted Hogan left this little tidbit out there. "Private businesses and workplaces are free to put in place their own policies or guidance. Local jurisdictions are free to use their own emergency powers on these matters."

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Now that school is "out", I plan on taking the grands to the library once a week. Called Leonardtown to check mask status.

When I asked, she hesitated, then replied that masks are not required, but, you know, young children can't get the shot, and we need to be safe around them.

I wanted to get into how young children don't get this virus, but I didn't have the time, so just said thanks and hung up. We will be going, and we won't be wearing masks.

If you have a child with an illness, and worry about getting Covid, I do feel bad for you. But I'm not going to adjust my life, that's up to you.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Now that school is "out", I plan on taking the grands to the library once a week. Called Leonardtown to check mask status.

When I asked, she hesitated, then replied that masks are not required, but, you know, young children can't get the shot, and we need to be safe around them.

I wanted to get into how young children don't get this virus, but I didn't have the time, so just said thanks and hung up. We will be going, and we won't be wearing masks.

If you have a child with an illness, and worry about getting Covid, I do feel bad for you. But I'm not going to adjust my life, that's up to you.
Hogan just announced no more masks required as of July 1st .

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Got the hardener shot for the Pfizer 2-part epoxy yesterday. Resin was 3 weeks ago. Today felt like my post chemo days did. I went to bed about 11 PM, kept waking up every couple of hours with chills, finally fell deeply asleep about 8 AM and did not wake up again until after 1 PM. Fortunately, not scheduled to "work" today.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Had to go to Bank of America yesterday to deposit some cash. Dodged all the gangsta gunfire on Great Mills road and arrived safely. Sign on the door of the bank said they still encouraged masks be worn inside. Armed security guy that's always there was wearing one...everyone going in and coming out was wearing one...so I stuck mine on to get the transaction done. Good grief people...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And that was my thought as well. I guess the rona knows how to read the calendar.
rona is smarter than you give it credit for.

cricketmd

Why not today? Why July 1st? Are all those Wuhan germs gonna die June 30th?

LOL I'm guessing its so things are nice and tidy for data collecting after masks are off. Do cases go up? Do they continue to decline? Maybe its easier starting at the beginning of a month for charting and stuff. :sshrug: Only thing I can think of. Should have been effective immediately, but maybe its for tracking purposes?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just walked in, had dinner, and walked out of a local restaurant, never put a mask on. Employees just smiled at us.

At least, I think they smiled, they all had masks on. Their eyes crinkled, which was my only clue of a smile.
Where?

PJay

When my store list is long and heavy, I have it delivered. When they arrive at my home with a mask on, I tell them to take their mask off..then they go on to tell me they have to wear it. Sad. Anyway, last evening when my order arrived the fella was mask free. It feels kind of strange getting to see faces again..but I Iove it.