Masks again

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There was a video on FB the other day - if I find it again I'll link it - where two guys are sitting on a bench when this young couple walks up and the woman starts berating them for not wearing masks. They laugh at her, so she gets pissed and throws her cup of coffee at them. This pisses off the guy who got doused with hot coffee, so he gets up and punches the boyfriend in the face. The girl attacks him physically, so he shoves her into some bushes. Both Muffies start crying and call the cops. The vid ends at that point so I have no idea how it turned out.

Anyway, that vid got me thinking about people and their lack of situational awareness. They go up all confrontational to someone who isn't wearing a mask, eventually they're going to run into someone who punches their face in for them. All busybodies, really. When you get in some stranger's face you're playing Russian Roulette. Some gangbanger looking dude may fluff it off and it's Granny who pulls out her pistol and shoots you in the head. You just never know.

We already know people are being physically attacked, and I think at least one guy was killed, by mask zealots. So what happens when they roll up on some maskless person who isn't having any of their chit and strikes the first blow?

You really do risk your safety by going off on strangers.

And my conspiracy theory is that's the whole idea behind these mask mandates - civil unrest and the destruction of our society. It seems to be working.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
There was a video on FB the other day - if I find it again I'll link it - where two guys are sitting on a bench when this young couple walks up and the woman starts berating them for not wearing masks. They laugh at her, so she gets pissed and throws her cup of coffee at them. This pisses off the guy who got doused with hot coffee, so he gets up and punches the boyfriend in the face. The girl attacks him physically, so he shoves her into some bushes. Both Muffies start crying and call the cops. The vid ends at that point so I have no idea how it turned out.

Anyway, that vid got me thinking about people and their lack of situational awareness. They go up all confrontational to someone who isn't wearing a mask, eventually they're going to run into someone who punches their face in for them. All busybodies, really. When you get in some stranger's face you're playing Russian Roulette. Some gangbanger looking dude may fluff it off and it's Granny who pulls out her pistol and shoots you in the head. You just never know.

We already know people are being physically attacked, and I think at least one guy was killed, by mask zealots. So what happens when they roll up on some maskless person who isn't having any of their chit and strikes the first blow?

And my conspiracy theory is that's the whole idea behind these mask mandates - civil unrest and the destruction of our society. It seems to be working.
Police arrive, no charges

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To be fair there are also antimask zelots causing problems too...

We saw one the other day at Steak N Shake. He came in with his family, the manager told him nicely that he had to wear a mask the whole 6' between the door and his table, and the guy refused, said it's against the Constitution, and stormed out.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We saw one the other day at Steak N Shake. He came in with his family, the manager told him nicely that he had to wear a mask the whole 6' between the door and his table, and the guy refused, said it's against the Constitution, and stormed out.
I'm waiting for one of these loonie leftie Govs to start mandating masks when eating and drinking.

PeoplesElbow

Eh that's just storming out and being a butthole, I saw someone knock over a display at a convienece store, they even offered him a free mask but the min wage employees were just following store policy.

Scootboot

If people are that concerned about others not wearing masks then they should wear two. It would be the same amount of material between them and anyone else.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Eating lunch at my desk, a coworker came back and said a customer had requested to talk to me. When I finished my spinach salad, I was grateful to have a mask since I didn't get a chance to pick my teeth :lmao:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Eating lunch at my desk, a coworker came back and said a customer had requested to talk to me. When I finished my spinach salad, I was grateful to have a mask since I didn't get a chance to pick my teeth :lmao:
Wearing the mask also reminds you that you forgot to brush your teeth. Backdraft....

As far as the stink eye from women, is it because they can't see the rest of your smile or non-threatening features? Seeing only the eyes can easily be mistaken for stares. But I haven't experienced that at all, women seem to be more pleasant, acknowledge you or have a quick conversation.

herb749

Eh that's just storming out and being a butthole, I saw someone knock over a display at a convienece store, they even offered him a free mask but the min wage employees were just following store policy.

I went into a Sam's Club the other day with my mask on. There was a family stopped in front of me because of no masks. The guy checking offered them masks that they took. The Dad had one on, but not the Mom or kids.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

See, that's the thing - if you want to fight the power, fight the power. Don't fight some minimum wage kid who doesn't make the rules and probably doesn't really give a personal chit about your mask.

But there are an awful lot of people who are enjoying their little virtue mask and are quite excited to show off their moral superiority to strangers. If they get punched in the face it's their own fault.

seekeroftruth

My daughter works at the hospital on the COVID floor [or the place where those cases go]..... so I wear a mask out of respect for my hero.....

I also wear a mask because I'm old and have a ton of crap wrong with my immune system. I figure if someone else is so healthy they don't need a mask..... well good for them....

There are a bunch of women in my community who gather without masks every morning.... they walk their little dogs together.... the rest of the day.... they stay alone in their apartments..... they talk on the phone... a lot.... they chat on their computers... a lot.... but they don't have human contact again until it's time to walk the dogs.... they don't need masks..... well good for them....

I feel bad for people who just don't care about anyone else..... when they are old and alone....stuck in their apartment... without even a dog to walk.... who are they going to call????? well good for them...

That woman must have needed to tell somebody off.... and she found her patsy.... and her significant other must have been happy to hold her coat while she took all her anxiety out on those two guys..... rather than him or her..... well good for them.... lol

☕

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I also wear a mask because I'm old and have a ton of crap wrong with my immune system. I figure if someone else is so healthy they don't need a mask..... well good for them....

Covid .... can be absorbed through your eyes

the problem with a masks people don't keep their hands off ... then they touch everything around them
[you are supposed to wash your hands or sanitize EVERY Time you touch your mask]

think about the grocery store

Every couple of min [ or multiple times a min]

touch an item, adjust the mask,. touch an item. adjust the mask

:yikes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That woman must have needed to tell somebody off.... and she found her patsy.... and her significant other must have been happy to hold her coat while she took all her anxiety out on those two guys..... rather than him or her..... well good for them.... lol

☕

He probably didn't expect to get punched in the face, though.

Good for them!

:lol: