Masks make people crazy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To wit:

Monday morning I went to the post office in Branson and entered via the exit, not realizing it was one way. It was early and nobody was there, it wasn't even open yet, I was just dropping off some mail.

I went in, mailed my postcards, and when I came out there was an older man and his wife (?) standing behind my car taking down my license plate. He yelled at me, "You'll be getting a ticket in the mail!!" I asked for what, and he said for coming in the wrong way. I told him I didn't see a sign and it was my mistake, and then he yelled at me some more - it's dangerous, I could have KILLED someone!, etc. Then he said, "Don't come back to my city if you can't follow the laws!" He was really fired up.

I thought his reaction was more hostile than my honest mistake warranted but I was polite to him. Then as I pulled out of the parking lot I realized why he was so enraged:

I wasn't wearing a mask.

He and the wife were masked up and had that combative posture going on, and then the yelling and hostility - it was way more than the situation warranted. Now granted, it WAS my mistake but I honestly didn't see the sign and didn't realize I'd done it until I saw the parking spaces going the opposite way. I'll know better next time. But this man WAY overreacted to it, and coupled with the recent kerfluffle over the mask mandate I have to believe that's what he was really angry about - my lack of mask.

It's like, wow, is this really how you want to spend your life? Yikes.

And I guess the answer is yes, this is how some people want to spend their lives.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A ticket? :roflmao:

I went in Tractor Supply a couple of weeks ago and forgot my mask. No one said anything, but I did get the stink eye. :lol:

Chris0nllyn

You went in the wrong way, he said he was mad at you for going the wrong way, and you think he was mad because you weren't wearing a mask in a part of the country you freely admit most people aren't masking up in anyway?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Then he said, "Don't come back to my city if you can't follow the laws!"

You are way to nice.

I don't like those types and would have told him to **** off... And don't get me started on the HOA Nazis. :burning:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If you were being robbed or raped, they would have scurried away and not got involved.. hiding their faces so nobody would think they were witnesses.. but don't wear a mask???

Reactions: BOP

Chris0nllyn

who in there right mind, takes down a license plate because someone entered the exit of a closed post office

Someone with way too much time on their hands. Definitely the same type of person that would be upset about someone wearing a mask, but I'm not seeing how the dots connect based on the OP.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You went in the wrong way, he said he was mad at you for going the wrong way, and you think he was mad because you weren't wearing a mask in a part of the country you freely admit most people aren't masking up in anyway?

Read the post and try again.