Masks make people crazy

Hijinx

There care two ways that will get rid of the masks.
  1. The election
  2. When the people get sick enough of them to just say SHOVE IT.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
There care two ways that will get rid of the masks.
  1. The election
  2. When the people get sick enough of them to just say SHOVE IT.
Wasn't there a song about this? "You can take this mask and shove it, I ain't gonna wear it no mo'!

Chris0nllyn

Bite me is not a reasonable response in my opinion

Sure it is.

It was an innocent mistake and after saying as much, the guy still went off so he's a dick and "bite me" is pretty low on the list of phrases I'd personally use, but reasonable nonetheless.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You went in the wrong way, he said he was mad at you for going the wrong way, and you think he was mad because you weren't wearing a mask in a part of the country you freely admit most people aren't masking up in anyway?

It's called an opinion or observation .......

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You're right, Chris. You certainly know the situation better than me. Hell, I was only there - you, on the other hand, are a complete stranger on the internet.

I bow to your expertise.
Hissy is really...

qheader.jpg

Chris0nllyn

I get the whole point of the masks but I get the irritability part all too well. Someone's going to flip one day - it's already happening. It's just smarter to keep your mouth shut and mind your own damn business nowadays. I don't know why people don't get that.

I think people are stuck at home more, stressed due to work/finances, or a host of other things going on in their personal lives that make them more irritable than normal right now.

People feel the need to be right. People want to be right or have their opinions validated in some way. So they vent on social media. They mend a story to fit their perception of events

It's called an opinion or observation .......

Do you blindly accept what you read online or is asking simple questions just a wild concept? I mean seriously folks, you're all jumping up as some white knights to defend someone from something so innocuous. They were simple questions because her post was confusing. I'm clearly not the only one who feels that way but unsurprisingly, I'm the only one being criticized.

Crabcatcher79

Nah, everything in Branson right now is about masks. The mandate went into effect on Friday, and was passed by 3 of the 4 Aldermen and the Mayor despite an enormous objection by the citizens at their town meeting.

He must have seen me without a mask if he saw me pull into the lot and get out of my car. Parking is literally right there at the exit (that I used as an entrance), so we're talking about a matter of seconds.

So not only did you go out the wrong exit but you didn’t wear a mask despite the mandate and you are complaining about the behavior of others. I guess to a Trump supporter that makes sense.

why do you think the rule apply to everyone else but you?

You don’t wear a mask and then when people die at the hands of police you say stupid stuff like “ well they shouldn’t have broken the law”

Toxick

Splat
When I see someone out in public not wearing a mask, I look at them with a mixture of haughty derision and outright disgust.

Like so:

Although, in fairness, that's the same look I give to people who do wear masks also.

And their children.

And I looked at them all that way long before CovidMania 2020 started.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Why do you think the rule apply to everyone else but you?

Say How Many Are DYING ? :sshrug:

"There Is No Proven Effectiveness" - Netherlands Refuses To Mandate Mask Wearing In Public

:nono:

How MANY Are Dying

330 Million
4.64 Mil Infected
154k Deaths

1.42 % of the population infected
.0047 % of the population has died

Mortality Analyses

Mortality in the most affected countries
For the twenty countries currently most affected by COVID-19 worldwide, the bars in the chart below show the number of deaths either per 100 confirmed cases (observed case-fatality ratio) or per 100,000 population (this represents a country’s general population, with both confirmed cases and healthy people). Countries at the top of this figure have the most deaths proportionally to their COVID-19 cases or population, not necessarily the most deaths overall.

An Effective COVID Treatment the Media Continues to Besmirch

On April 6, 2020, an international team of medical experts published an extensive study of hydroxychloroquine in more than 130,000 patients with connective tissue disorders. They reaffirmed that hydroxychloroquine was a safe drug with no serious side effects. The drug could safely be given to pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers. Consequently, countries such as China, Turkey, South Korea, India, Morocco, Algeria, and others began to use hydroxychloroquine widely and early in their national pandemic response. Doctors overseas were safely prescribing the drug based on clinical signs and symptoms because widespread testing was not available.

However, the NIH promoted a much different strategy for the United States. The “Fauci Strategy” was to keep early infected patients quarantined at home without treatment until they developed a shortness of breath and had to be admitted to a hospital. Then they would they be given hydroxychloroquine. The Food and Drug Administration cluelessly agreed to this doctrine and it stated in its hydroxychloroquine Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) that “hospitalized patients were likely to have a greater prospect of benefit (compared to ambulatory patients with mild illness).”

In reality just the opposite was true. This was a tragic mistake by Fauci and FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn and it was a mistake that would cost the lives of thousands of Americans in the days to come.

At the same time, accumulating data showed remarkable results if hydroxychloroquine were given to patients early, during a seven-day window from the time of first symptom onset. If given during this window, most infections did not progress into the severe, lethal second stage of the disease. Patients still got sick, but they avoided hospitalization or the later transfer to an intensive care unit. In mid-April a high-level memo was sent to the FDA alerting them to the fact that the best use for hydroxychloroquine was for its early use in still ambulatory COVID patients. These patients were quarantined at home but were not short of breath and did not yet require supplemental oxygen and hospitalization.

Failing to understand that COVID-19 could be a two-stage disease process, the FDA ignored the memo and, as previously mentioned, it withdrew its EUA for hydroxychloroquine based on flawed studies and clinical trials that were applicable only to late-stage COVID patients.

By now, however, some countries had already implemented early, aggressive, outpatient community treatment with hydroxychloroquine and within weeks were able to minimize their COVID deaths and bring their national pandemic under some degree of control.

The Myth That Lockdowns Stop Pandemics

When China first deployed lockdown in January to “defeat COVID-19,” The Washington Post approvingly quoted a Georgetown University professor as saying, “The truth is those kinds of lockdowns are very rare and never effective…”

In March, Imperial College London's dire projections influenced the White House, but a careful reading of the advice contained in the Imperial College report reveals that its authors knew lockdown alone could not eliminate any infections, only delay them: “The more successful a strategy is at temporary suppression,” it stated, “the larger the later epidemic is predicted to be in the absence of vaccination, due to lesser build-up of herd immunity.”

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention pandemic planning documents state non-pharmaceutical interventions such as social distancing are ineffective once a disease infects 1% of a region's population. Literature on this subject is unanimous worldwide. According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control:

“There are no historical observations or scientific studies that support the confinement by quarantine of groups of possibly infected people for extended periods in order to slow the spread. It is hard to imagine that measures like those within the category of social distancing would not have some positive impact by reducing transmission of a human respiratory infection . . . However, the evidence base supporting each individual measure is often weak.”

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not exactly masks, but an older TSA Nazi this morning. I was behind an older couple at the X-Ray and he waves them through wearing their sneakers. Then tells me to take off my shoes ( flip flops). So I asked why they didn't have to take theirs off. He gets all snarky and says, because they are "of age". I said ok, placed my flops in the bin. As I get into the body scan machine, he makes a point to turn and loudly barks at me, "DON'T YOU EVER QUESTION MY AUTHORITY!!!".

Good thing for my mask and the glass wall, he couldn't see or hear me say, OK CARTMAN! All the while laughing at him. What a dick! 😂