Massive search underway in the Bay

penguinsix

Coast Guard C-130's, helicopters and a cutter, along with DNR and MD State Police helicopters and local fire boats have been searching since last night for two people who got blown out to sea in a kayak. A 41-year-old woman and her 8-year-old son are missing since yesterday. Initial reports were they went out to retrieve a ball that blew into the water, but got caught in the wind and couldn't get back in to shore.

C-130 is still doing a search pattern as of 12:00 noon Friday.

More here:

InigoMontoya

Coast Guard C-130's, helicopters and a cutter, along with DNR and MD State Police helicopters and local fire boats have been searching since last night for two people who got blown out to sea in a kayak. A 41-year-old woman and her 8-year-old son are missing since yesterday. Initial reports were they went out to retrieve a ball that blew into the water, but got caught in the wind and couldn't get back in to shore.

C-130 is still doing a search pattern as of 12:00 noon Friday.

View attachment 146902
More here:

There's been a small craft advisory in effect all week, why would anyone do something like this?

CPUSA

Somebody help me find a way to re word this to make it sound like I genuinely care about this...because I REALLY wanna care about this type of idiocy right now. I really do:

**** em...they're shark crap at the bottom of the Bay by now...

RPMDAD

Marine units from local law enforcement and the U.S. Coast Guard began a search of the Chesapeake Bay by boat and helicopter.
Anne Arundel fire officials say a vessel and paddle were recovered around 7 p.m. east of Rockhold Creek in Deale. The search was called off around 7:30 p.m. due to darkness.
The lead investigating agency, Maryland Natural Resources Police, did not respond to a message requesting comment Friday. Queen Anne’s County police, Anne Arundel County police, Maryland Natural Resources police and Maryland State Police assisted in the search.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
As Gumby always said, "You can't **** with money, especially old money".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That branch of the family aren't the brightest bulbs in the pack anyway. KKT proved herself a blithering idiot when she ran against Ehrlich - that debate where she was obviously wearing an earpiece, clearly repeating (and not very well) what was coming over her wire, was a priceless moment in political history. That Ehrlich beat a Democrat AND a Kennedy in Maryland tells you all you need to know about KKT, and it appears she passed that down to her daughter.

They must get this from Ethel's side. Remember it was her nephew who killed that girl in '75. Not that the rest of the Kennedys are all that brilliant, but Ethel's kids seem to have cornered the market on the dumb. I have a mental picture of a KKT lookalike going, "Get the ball get the ball get the ball get the ball...." as she paddles into the crashing waves (with her child, no less) to retrieve a $2 item.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

There's been a small craft advisory in effect all week, why would anyone do something like this?
I'm guessing the practice of boating safety was ignored, ie., personal flotation devises; A PFD, also referred to as a life jacket, life preserver, life belt, Mae West, life vest, life saver, cork jacket, buoyancy aid or flotation suit.

Remember kiddies: Having lots and lots of money, and friends in high places, doesn't buy intelligence.