Master/Mistress of Ceremonies

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Quick -- we have a chic who is acting as the emcee for an event we're having. It's always been a guy in the past (thus, Master of Ceremonies); however, for a woman, it would be "Mistress" ... I don't like that at all. I know it's the right title, but I just don't like it.

What's another reference name I can give her ... all I can think of is "speaker". Basically, she'll open the event, turn it over to the big boss for a few comments, then she'll return to read out award narratives while the big boss does the "grip and grin" thing.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
crabcake said:
Quick -- we have a chic who is acting as the emcee for an event we're having. It's always been a guy in the past (thus, Master of Ceremonies); however, for a woman, it would be "Mistress" ... I don't like that at all. I know it's the right title, but I just don't like it.

What's another reference name I can give her ... all I can think of is "speaker". Basically, she'll open the event, turn it over to the big boss for a few comments, then she'll return to read out award narratives while the big boss does the "grip and grin" thing.

The go-to-gal... They love it when you call them that. :yay:

crabcake

vraiblonde said:
Emcee is what she should be called.
Are you saying just spell it that way: Emcee

or use the "Mistress of Ceremonies" title?

Someone else just tossed out "Narrator" because that's also kind of what she's doing. :shrug:

crabcake said:

Someone else just tossed out "Narrator" because that's also kind of what she's doing. :shrug:
Is it a story or is it a ceremony type deal?

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
crabcake said:

If it's for awards or recognition ceremony- you could call her a Presenter or something like that...

crabcake

pvineswinger said:
If it's for awards or recognition ceremony- you could call her a Presenter or something like that...
she's not presenting ... just 'reading' the narratives for the awards off. The big-boss plays "grip and grin".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crabcake said:
Right. "MC" is short for "Master of Ceremonies". To be gender-neutral, you use it in its less formal form, Emcee. Mistress sounds like she'll be coming out in leather chaps or something.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
vraiblonde said:
Right. "MC" is short for "Master of Ceremonies". To be gender-neutral, you use it in its less formal form, Emcee. Mistress sounds like she'll be coming out in leather chaps or something.

"i like the way you smack my a$$...
I love the dirty things you do..." :whip:

crabcake

vraiblonde said:
that's why I was against use of "mistress" too. :ohwell:

I've changed the format of the cover to be "Welcome" and the emcee lady's name and the rest of it lists the activity and who's doing that "thing: ... :yay:

Thanks folks! :cheers: