Maxwel Hall Membership

mingiz

Horse Poor
I got this email from a friend. Thought I would share.... :flowers:

I just checked with Maxwell Park personnel and found out that if you sign up for the membership now you get the remainder of the year for free and your 2year membership starts next year and runs through 08

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Other then the "legal to ride on beach" it was nothing special....not much more then a "Greenwell ride"

DQ2B

Yeah, does anyone know why they are charging a fee for this park but they don't for Oak Ridge? Seems like Oak Ridge has a lot more maintenance issues, not that I want them to start charging there too.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
One of the reasons they are charging is to recover some costs and maintence - I think it is a way to control who goes in and out having a locked gate and limited access. We pay $3 per day or $25 per year to ride at Manassas and I don't mind paying that for the upkeep of the park. I also questioned the difference between Oakridge and Maxwell Hall and I think they wanted to try this approach with the new park. I also think they will want to be able to tell if someone causes damage to the trails or fields.Time will tell if it works.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Got this from a friend and she asked that I post it....

Hey,
I was reading on the somd forums that they were wondering why they were charging for Maxwell Park.
Here is the answer that I got from the park personnel.
The state is looking to take away the parks that are out there but not really producing anything. The way to keep a park a park and not have it taken away and used for development is to show that its being used. That is why they are charging for Maxwell Park so that we can continue to have places to trail ride. The future plans for the park are to open another 3 miles of trails next spring then work on a trail course and a jumping course. It would be a great idea if we could get them to plan a extreme cowboy trail course there. I have offered to help if they need it.
Anything I can do to help keep some of our trails open to horses I will do.
Could you please explain this to the group there …I am not a member so I cant post but I do read the info put out there.
Thanks,
Kelly

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
Got this from a friend and she asked that I post it....

Hey,
I was reading on the somd forums that they were wondering why they were charging for Maxwell Park.
Here is the answer that I got from the park personnel.
The state is looking to take away the parks that are out there but not really producing anything. The way to keep a park a park and not have it taken away and used for development is to show that its being used. That is why they are charging for Maxwell Park so that we can continue to have places to trail ride. The future plans for the park are to open another 3 miles of trails next spring then work on a trail course and a jumping course. It would be a great idea if we could get them to plan a extreme cowboy trail course there. I have offered to help if they need it.
Anything I can do to help keep some of our trails open to horses I will do.
Could you please explain this to the group there …I am not a member so I cant post but I do read the info put out there.
Thanks,
Kelly
Oh OH PICK ME!! PICK ME!! We'd help with designing and setting up that course!! THAT would be too cool!
Does anyone know if they allow hunting there? Or on this coming Sunday?

DQ2B

happyappygirl said:
Oh OH PICK ME!! PICK ME!! We'd help with designing and setting up that course!! THAT would be too cool!
Does anyone know if they allow hunting there? Or on this coming Sunday?

Foxhunting or deer? There's no deer hunting.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
isn't this sunday one of those sunday hunt days?
i mean REAL hunting as in bang, bang, with men dressed like boys hoping you won't see 'em right down to their suspenders that they don't need...not horses chasing dogs, chasing a fox. :lol:

DQ2B

happyappygirl said:
isn't this sunday one of those sunday hunt days?
i mean REAL hunting as in bang, bang, with men dressed like boys hoping you won't see 'em right down to their suspenders that they don't need...not horses chasing dogs, chasing a fox. :lol:

Sunday might be a legal deer hunting day but there is no hunting at Maxwell.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
DQ2B said:
Sunday might be a legal deer hunting day but there is no hunting at Maxwell.

You are right there is no hunting in Maxwell Hall...but there are probably quite a few hunters who have been hunting those woods for many years which makes it equally as dangerous as any others. Shotgun hunting starts this Friday and I think it goes through next week. And since this Sunday is one of the only Sunday's for shotgun hunting it will be extremely dangerous to be riding anywhere in ANY woods.

Last edited: