Maxwell Hall

R

riderup

Has anyone been to Maxwell Hall equestrian park lately? I went when it first opened, but they were still working on it.
I heard they have a cross country course now and more trails??

K

Katie

riderup said:
Has anyone been to Maxwell Hall equestrian park lately? I went when it first opened, but they were still working on it.

Wow a cross country course..that is cool.

K

Katie

riderup said:
It will be VERY cool if they really have one!

Well not sure if I would ever do it. Ashton can, but I am not a experienced jumper. He was an eventer in his past life.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
they have a short trail obstical course...very cool. And a handful of small coops and popovers. That was about 6 weeks ado. Maybe more now...

fredsaid2

Cross Country courses...

The Equiery does a x-country issue every year that lists schooling locations. Equilibrium in Gambrills was one not too far away.

J and M

riderup said:

Husband and I went last weekend. The trails are nicely cleared. We didn't do any of the fences courses because I want hubby to continue riding with me. :biggrin: Although hubby could have ridden around them, his horse wouldn't have. :lmao:

We did three of their field trails and one of the woods trails. I could see some of the jumps from where we were riding...logs and coops. Will have to go back with someone who will jump them with me. There was a group of people coming back from their ride when we were heading out, and they told us that they rode all the trails at walk, trot, and canter and it took them about 3 1/2 hours.

Sparks

Can someone tell me how to get a membership or parking sticker or whatever it is you need to ride at Maxwell Hall? I'd like to ride there this summer.

Thanks. :huggy:

J and M

I contacted Charles County Parks & Rec. They sent me the membership forms and the trail maps. They also sent me the trail map for Oak Ridge.