May 24th

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'll be dd for people on the Calvert side of the bridge! just two rules when i'm DD: no smoking in my car, and no touching the radio lol.....but other than that party on :)
You may want to add a third rule for no :geek:. It's always my first rule, but I do mainly travel with guys.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Gilligan - will there be testicles? Like deep fried with ketchup?

Not sure. I'll ask about the availability of said delicacy when I order the pig from the Amish guy I get my roasting pigs from.
Scoring good testicles is always a matter of both luck and timing, as you know.

Just for you.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I know how to get there. It's really easy.

Turn on that road across from A&W Root Bear or near there anyway. Drive as far as you can - at the very end - you'll see some signs that say do not trespass - it's very ominous looking. Turn around in the little section that says turn around. It helps if you're an expert like yours truly and you have a little car.

Go ALL the way back to A&W Root beer and wonder where it all went wrong. Ponder this for a few minutes but don't give up. Drive all the way back down, realize your mistake once it's too late. Do this several times in fact.

Eventually stop at the post office - everybody knows Gilligan, they're happy to just hand out his address. Do NOT call it Saint Gilligan's Island. Apparently only Gilligan and I know the proper name.

Oh and it helps at the Post Office to bring some cake with you. They like cake there. Eventually you'll find a yellow cone only it's orange. It's about eleventy billion miles from St Inigoes. Hope that helped.
You should get a boat, or better yet, a friend with a boat. That trip to SGI is 1/2 the time by water versus driving. #DirectRoute

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You should get a boat, or better yet, a friend with a boat. That trip to SGI is 1/2 the time by water versus driving. #DirectRoute

4 miles by boat from Fort Point. 22 miles by road....

She's a sailor. She should have a boat. What could possibly go wrong?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just noticed I made an error...May 24th is a Sunday. I meant May 23rd..Saturday. Edit: NEVER MIND!!..I had a brain fart. It;s still on for Sunday the 24th.

The old pig roast parties that we held over 30 years ..it .started out as Saturday party. But had to prep the pig Friday night...so folks started arriving for that and it became a party too. And then, of course, nobody wanted to leave Saturday late, so the party bled over in to Sunday. Then it became routine that Friday was prep day all day..and Sunday was leftovers plus more food all day. So that mission creep led to people showing up Thursday, to attend the all-day Friday prep day, the Saturday main day, and Sunday...which started to involve an additional load of food and lots more alcohol..which lead to Monday being the "last" day of the party. So....by the time we called it quits in 2011, after over 30 years of having that party, we'd got where we had a Thursday through Monday party that involved 2-3 grand worth of food an alcohol..and about an equal amount spent on live bands...custom event t-shirts..etc. A mini Buck Snort.

Great times...but wore us right out. This one is going to be a "return to the roots" event. A small pig..a small circle of friends. I'm sure there will be a couple of folks with guitars there too.

Last edited:

Spitfire

Greetings:

I have a wedding to attend this day. Any chance you can change the date to the 30th so I can make this?

I’m really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks!

nobody really

I need a nap
I just noticed I made an error...May 24th is a Sunday. I meant May 23rd..Saturday.

noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! why can't you do it on sunday, everybody is off Monday!! I don't get back from Colorado until late Saturday. maybe i'll just change my flight. I'm not sure I want to miss this now.