May 24th

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I didn't know that. I would love to talk to her just based on some of the things you've mentioned. She's not considered a local but she's lived here a long time - even though she doesn't anymore -did I get that part right?

Mom's side of our family first arrived here in MD in 1650...at the point of land where the US Naval Academy is now. The second "wave" of our family arrived around 1658, in possession of a very large land grant that extended from the Patuxent River to the Chesapeake in a swath that included what is now Dunkirk and Huntington in Calvert County. Ferry Landing rd used to be Gover Ferry Landing Rd...we owned the land and the ferry that went across the Patuxent there. The park there now was once our family land.

But no...by most local definitions, I'm not local.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I bet she's really interesting to talk to. I read a little more of the book and looked up the history of your home in New York. Check this out - you have to enlarge it a lot but look at the first name. That was so cool seeing that.

Yep...just like I told you. My grandfather's name is the first one on the list. He was the first Admiral.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Combination M&G/Re-open or Rebellion?
I need to know how much 'lemonade' to make, my current vodka stocks are low ish.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well shoot. Gotta make some hard choices. Between the uncertainty surrounding when MD will be "open" for large gatherings, and the financial hit we've taken so far with our business mostly shut down, I have to announce the postponement of the Pig Roast M&G. I'd have to order the pig soon and, while I'm sure Elmer would have me one, I'm also sure I'd have to go pick it up.

So...I'm currently leaning towards something on 4th July weekend instead. Thoughts?...feedback?...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think it's a great idea and if it happens to open up in May or June, we need one big ass M&G just to put all this crap behind this. Can you still butcher pigs in months without an "r" in them?
Sweetheart...you can butcher pigs on any day that ends with "Y"...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'll pass but didn't you promise me fried pig balls or something like that?
Ahma working on that . But if you were counting on getting your fill from just the pair that might come with the 70# pig that goes on my roaster, you would go very hungry.

I want to make sure you get all the balls you can eat.

I'm compassionate like that.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well shoot. Gotta make some hard choices. Between the uncertainty surrounding when MD will be "open" for large gatherings, and the financial hit we've taken so far with our business mostly shut down, I have to announce the postponement of the Pig Roast M&G. I'd have to order the pig soon and, while I'm sure Elmer would have me one, I'm also sure I'd have to go pick it up.

So...I'm currently leaning towards something on 4th July weekend instead. Thoughts?...feedback?...
No matter when you have it, I'm there! I can also donate money towards the pig and I will bring a huge side to share. I make a mean pasta salad if I do say so myself! :biggrin: