May 31st...

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Here's an unfurl for the follow-up at the bottom of the OP article:

There's clearly more to the story. Apparently, he and a sister (quoted extensively in this follow-up article) are children of Iraqi refugees and also out of the foster care system. While we would expect his sister to stand up for her brother the article quotes two good friends.

The disconnect/gap between the original story and the follow-up is quite stark. And the gap between the incident and the initial reporting is also a bit odd....

--- End of line (MCP)

Auntie Biache'

Here's an unfurl for the follow-up at the bottom of the OP article:

There's clearly more to the story. Apparently, he and a sister (quoted extensively in this follow-up article) are children of Iraqi refugees and also out of the foster care system. While we would expect his sister to stand up for her brother the article quotes two good friends.

The disconnect/gap between the original story and the follow-up is quite stark. And the gap between the incident and the initial reporting is also a bit odd....

--- End of line (MCP)

You don't threaten to “shoot up the battalion, starting at the barracks", and then bring a boat load of weapons on board a military installation. Most sociopaths can give you a list a mile long of people who will give them a good character reference-"He was quiet-kept to himself. Never had any problem with him, seems out of character, etc".

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
You don't threaten to “shoot up the battalion, starting at the barracks", and then bring a boat load of weapons on board a military installation. Most sociopaths can give you a list a mile long of people who will give them a good character reference-"He was quiet-kept to himself. Never had any problem with him, seems out of character, etc".
Agreed; all the signs are there if what we are reading in the OP is true. But his not yet having been charged and no info about the investigation causes me pause. Also, if his beef was against certain Marines in Hawaii, why Offut?

All I'm saying is that there is more to the story. May very well turn out to be what "everyone" is initially believing is the case. But in general I like to see how it all plays out (i.e., presumption of innocence) and in this case specifically there are too many loose ends for me to choose one side over the other.

--- End of line (MCP)