Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Any given sunday/emotional game

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other (you fill in)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

BuddyLee

Football addict
Does anyone think football games or at least some football games might be rigged? Consider the Saints game tonight with all the hype. I have yet to see the game but I pondered at work tonight, "What if the Saints win?"

I thought for sure that the Falcons were on a roll and that the Saints who had just barely beat two mediocre teams would get shalacked tonight.

Was it just all the emotion in the game? Was it fixed?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BuddyLee said:
Does anyone think football games or at least some football games might be rigged? Consider the Saints game tonight with all the hype. I have yet to see the game but I pondered at work tonight, "What if the Saints win?"

I thought for sure that the Falcons were on a roll and that the Saints who had just barely beat two mediocre teams would get shalacked tonight.

Was it just all the emotion in the game? Was it fixed?

Ah, c'mon' bud-e-boy,
you really can't be that paranoid,
or do you just like things that sends chills up and down your spine.
Just 'cuz' the game did'nt goe quite the way that you thought it should.
What's with the paranormal, football conspiracy, elvis ufo diet BS anyway ???

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
FireBrand said:
Ah, c'mon' bud-e-boy,
you really can't be that paranoid,
or do you just like things that sends chills up and down your spine.
Just 'cuz' the game did'nt goe quite the way that you thought it should.
What's with the paranormal, football conspiracy, elvis ufo diet BS anyway ???
I merely asked a question. I don't think I lead on one to believe that I was paranoid in my above text. Is questioning all-the-sudden-like banned?

Steroids in baseball? Who would concoct such a "chilling" (as you would say) theory? Everyone in the entirety of the world is virtuous and does all by the rule of law and moral ethical codes.:sarcasm:

Now then, is it so much to question or ponder even for an inkling that something like this 'could' happen? That is the question I deliver. Although I don't expect a complete answer for the problem of the unknown stands firm, I do expect that a mere dialouge be presented to prove or disprove the case. Asserting that I may be paranoid of a game that means no difference to me who wins is in no ways accomplishing this.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I was just talking to BG about this over dinner..

It couldn't have been better if it was scripted.. hmmm, wait, scripted..

There's a LOT of money in the NFL.. and where there is money comes deception and deceit.. If they think they can squeeze another million our of our pockets by using some artistic license, don't put it above them

BuddyLee

Football addict
itsbob said:
I was just talking to BG about this over dinner..

It couldn't have been better if it was scripted.. hmmm, wait, scripted..

There's a LOT of money in the NFL.. and where there is money comes deception and deceit.. If they think they can squeeze another million our of our pockets by using some artistic license, don't put it above them
Indeed. I think in our hearts we wanted New Orleans to win, it would be unpopular to see them lose...at least for their first home game. I really hope that they won with guts and emotion. Consider the following in backing your claim:

The Saints' 23-3 victory over Atlanta in a matchup of previously 2-0 teams was viewed by the second-largest audience in the history of cable television. It was also the first time ESPN has delivered an average of more than 10 million homes for a telecast.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2603986

The NFL is a business. It's beneficiaries don't want it to tank as well. Do you not give your beneficiaries what they want?

Secondly...

Whereas the Falcons only passed for 137 yards last night, last week Favre and Green Bay passed for 340. How does Vick and the Falcons go from the best rushing team surpassing Carolina's 'D' by 250+ and Tampa Bay's 'D' by 300+ to meeting the New Orleans 'D' with a mere 117ish?

Please, someone explain.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I doubt anything in pro football is fixed, the guys that could affect a games outcome make far too much money to jeopardize their careers. Comparing 'fixing a game' with someone doing steroids is a red herring, two different things. Fixing a game for a 'feel good' story is nutzo if you're suggesting the NFL somehow directed it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
otter said:
I doubt anything in pro football is fixed, the guys that could affect a games outcome make far too much money to jeopardize their careers. Comparing 'fixing a game' with someone doing steroids is a red herring, two different things. Fixing a game for a 'feel good' story is nutzo if you're suggesting the NFL somehow directed it.
You doubt but the possibility exists.. I mean we are talking BILLIONS of dollars here in a single season!!

Why are all the GREAT players good looking? Worthy of endorsement deals, and covers of magazines?? Who's the UGLY QB in the NFL today? How about an UGLY Running back.. other then Bettis, he's retired.. They damn sure no longet LOOK like football players..

Otter

Nothing to see here
itsbob said:
You doubt but the possibility exists..

:lmao: Possibilities exist everywhere, that doesn't mean its gonna happen. Its possible that aliens can land in my front yard and tell me Pete is God. It's possible Vrai is gonna announce her candidacy for President tomorrow. I'm sorry, as soon as someone mentions 'its possible', drives me bonkers. :lmao: Just about anything is possible.

Pete

Repete
otter said:
:lmao: Possibilities exist everywhere, that doesn't mean its gonna happen. Its possible that aliens can land in my front yard and tell me Pete is God. It's possible Vrai is gonna announce her candidacy for President tomorrow. I'm sorry, as soon as someone mentions 'its possible', drives me bonkers. :lmao: Just about anything is possible.
Otter....go look out your window. Listen to them, they are your friends

Otter

Nothing to see here
itsbob said:
And about ten years ago, people were using the same argument about wrestling..

:lol: You're close to my age and when I watched wrestling in the 50s, I was told it was fixed and just entertainment. It was pretty obvious to me then, and you just realized 10 years ago??

Pete

Repete
otter said:
:lol: You're close to my age and when I watched wrestling in the 50s, I was told it was fixed and just entertainment. It was pretty obvious to me then, and you just realized 10 years ago??
You mean the "sleeper hold" and the "heart punch" is fake? :jameo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
otter said:
How long ago was it Andy Kaufmann got his butt whooped for sayin it was fake?? And people took offense that he even insinuated it.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Wrestling is fake for the most part. I wonder if anyone said something similar at Owen Hart's funeral.:lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here
itsbob said:
How long ago was it Andy Kaufmann got his butt whooped for sayin it was fake?? And people took offense that he even insinuated it.

Psst...Bob...there are a ton of unhinged people in the world..:lmao: