Maybe Next Year TJ!

Nupe2

Chopticon's T.J. Carter led UNC Wilmington with 25 points but they lost to GW in overtime 88-85. UNCW held an 18 point lead in the second half only to see GW come back to tie the game at the end of regulation. T.J. was named the UNCW Player of the Game by CBS. Great game T.J., we'll look for you next season! :yay:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200603160227

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Heck of a game...

Nupe2 said:
Chopticon's T.J. Carter led UNC Wilmington with 25 points but they lost to GW in overtime 88-85. UNCW held an 18 point lead in the second half only to see GW come back to tie the game at the end of regulation. T.J. was named the UNCW Player of the Game by CBS. Great game T.J., we'll look for you next season! :yay:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200603160227

...UNCW didn't even play that well. They should have won but made SO many dumb plays once GW started pressing. I wanted to strangle the one kid who helped double down a GW kid then was headed out of bounds to grab the loose ball and THEN blindly threw it back under his OWN basket, EZ layup GW.
Grade school mistake.

UNCW had 'em scrambling around and fouling by moving the ball to beat the press and then ego kicked in and started going one on one (stopped doing what got them the lead) and blew that. GW has a bunch of real good atheletes but not very many basketball players. I'll be shocked if they go much further.

Nupe2

Larry Gude said:
...UNCW didn't even play that well. They should have won but made SO many dumb plays once GW started pressing. I wanted to strangle the one kid who helped double down a GW kid then was headed out of bounds to grab the loose ball and THEN blindly threw it back under his OWN basket, EZ layup GW.
Grade school mistake.

UNCW had 'em scrambling around and fouling by moving the ball to beat the press and then ego kicked in and started going one on one (stopped doing what got them the lead) and blew that. GW has a bunch of real good atheletes but not very many basketball players. I'll be shocked if they go much further.

I agree. I also think the game would not have been the same if "Pops" wasn't injured. He's obviously not at full strength and UNCW had nobody that could have stopped him inside if he was healthy. With Duke being next for GW, I think a lot of people would be shocked if they went much further.

Last edited: