Maybe they can talk it out.

seekeroftruth

2 Timothy 4:9 Do your best to come to me quickly, 10 for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in my ministry. 12 I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. 13 When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments.
14 Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. The Lord will repay him for what he has done. 15 You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.
16 At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. 17 But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
19 Greet Priscilla and Aquila and the household of Onesiphorus. 20 Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus. 21 Do your best to get here before winter. Eubulus greets you, and so do Pudens, Linus, Claudia and all the brothers and sisters.
22 The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you all.
This is from the commentary.

Only Luke is with me: Luke, who had traveled with Paul on many of his missionary journeys, remained with Paul. Everyone else was gone. This was a significant contrast to Paul’s first Roman imprisonment ten years before, where he received many visitors (Acts 28:30-31).​

Get Mark and bring him with you: This is evidence of a restoration of trust in Mark from Paul. Paul had wanted nothing to do with him in Acts 15:36-40.​
Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas: This tells us that it is likely that Paul was arrested at Troas, resulting in this second imprisonment at Rome. In those days the arresting soldiers had claim to any extra garments in the possession of the one arrested. It may be that Paul was forewarned of the arrest and therefore committed his few books and this cloak — an outer garment — to the care of an honest man named Carpus.​
Well, Paul is wrapping up his letter to Timothy. I hope Timothy has a donkey to carry the cape, scrolls, and parchments. Maybe he could have carried them in a basket on wheels. They had those back then and Timothy could probably afford one. Timothy would be walking; it would be a real bummer to have to hand carry scrolls while walking all those miles. After all, there was no "carry on" luggage back in the day.

Paul sounds a little depressed, and yet, he seems a little hopeful about seeing Timothy again. Maybe he was happy because he knew Timothy would bring supplies and gossip.

I was just reading the notes that go with the verses in Acts. Mark didn't like Paul either. I read the verses again. Good to know I'm not alone.

The commentary doesn't tell me what Mark [aka John Mark] was upset about. Apparently, he walked out on Paul in the past. Maybe he didn't buy the whole "Jesus knocked me down" story either. Maybe Mark decided to put that aside to help the ministry grow. Maybe Mark just couldn't stand to be around a man who handed down the sentence in the Sanhedrin to send Jesus to the Cross. Maybe, maybe, maybe... at any rate.

Maybe it had to do with the circumcision and food restrictions. The argument apparently happened about that time. Maybe Mark was on the "keep God first" club. Maybe Mark wanted a compromise and Paul was "running the show". After all, why would a man who walked with Jesus want to take commands from a man who voted to send him to the Cross. Maybe...

At any rate, Paul asked Timothy to bring Mark with him when he returned. Maybe Paul and Mark can talk it out.... right?

Maybe they can talk it out.

:coffee: