Mayweather vs Berto filler fight

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Some Vegas betting sites have the odds 100-1 and now with the convenient release of allegations that Floyd is using PED’s...fans are dreading a possible Pacquiao rematch.

The allegations bring into question if Floyd has ever been clean and if that’s the case Manny should get another shot.

I hope Berto pulls a Buster Douglas so we don’t have to see it.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I really wish I were in Vegas right now. :frown:

ONE of these days, Mayweather is going to get what is much deserved, and that is a beating.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I really wish I were in Vegas right now. :frown:

ONE of these days, Mayweather is going to get what is much deserved, and that is a beating.

I keep watching him just for that reason. The way he runs in the ring I’d peg him for blood doping before I’d think steroids but every podcast and fight site I frequent is blowing up with this IV thing. The UFC banned IV’s like a month or so ago for the same reason, you can dilute you’re test results. I personally don’t give a flip and think they should legalize PED’s but IMO it’s not safe to have them cut weight and then not let them use IV’s to rehydrate.

R

rhenderson

Misfit;5571693..... but IMO it’s not safe to have them cut weight and then not let them use IV’s to rehydrate.[/QUOTE said:
If they are allowed to rehydrate after making weight - why bother with weight restrictions at all? The weight classes exist to ensure physical size is not disproportionate, thereby emphasizing boxing skill as the deciding faction in the bout. The IVs they are referring to is related to "blood doping" which is where an athlete increases the amount of blood to their system by transfusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
The fight was better than I'd expected. Floyd actually engaged Berto a few times. I'm not sure if he will retire though, he says he's happy with 49-0. Technically he's 50-0. He beat the Big Show at WrestleMania using brass knuckles.

Last edited: