Mazda RX-8

Broke90GSX

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Someone else around here with an IS? I'm the only one I know of around here that has one. I've seen another here or there but never more then once.

Peter F isn't the only place around to put a turbo on an IS. SRT swift racing tech) in Rockville specializes in Lexus.

I was just messing with you I don't have a turbo on mine. But I've seen a PFS IS 300 that ran 9's.....

I can't find specs on a 90 GSX; the earliest model I can get them for is a 92. They only have 180 hp. :shrug: I had 215 stock.

Nah he lives out in Centreville. I've never heard of Swift Racing. I work in Bethesda. My GSX came with 195hp & 205lbs torque. Now it's up to I believe 265-270hp. All bolt ons with the stock turbo. Boost is currently at 19psi, until I get new head studs, then I can run up to 30psi with no head lifting. :) So far it's run a best of 12.625@112mph w/ a 1.76 60'. All on stock suspension.

Rob

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Broke90GSX
Nah he lives out in Centreville. I've never heard of Swift Racing. I work in Bethesda. My GSX came with 195hp & 205lbs torque. Now it's up to I believe 265-270hp. All bolt ons with the stock turbo. Boost is currently at 19psi, until I get new head studs, then I can run up to 30psi with no head lifting. :) So far it's run a best of 12.625@112mph w/ a 1.76 60'. All on stock suspension.

Rob

SRT baby!

joeyinlexpark

Back In Hometown NY
How come your not picking on him Rachel about how big his "thingy" is? I talk cars and you called me out. hmmmmmm:bawl:

by the way your both slow. Love ya Rachel mean it:biggrin: :biggrin:

dustin

UAIOE
research.gif

Let the spanking begin:biggrin:

Broke90GSX

Originally posted by dustin
research.gif

Let the spanking begin:biggrin:

Nice car, but still, unless you're clickin off high 12's/low 13's, the STi won't hang. From a roll or stop! :) Remember, I'm AWD too. But I digress, the car is on jackstands at this point for atleast another month or so. Then it's low-mid 12's.

Rob

:moon:

dustin

UAIOE
Well each to his/her own. I'd take the STI over any 30k car.

Broke90GSX, you just dragrace? No autocross?

Broke90GSX

Well each to his/her own. I'd take the STI over any 30k car.

Broke90GSX, you just dragrace? No autocross?

In my preference obviously I'd take the Evo. But that's just my opinion.

I do both, or should I say did. My car has been down for a few months while I've been restoring it & fixing previous owner stuff. I just picked up a 91 GSX also that I'm working with. There are a bunch of Auto-X's at Fed Ex field during the summer time. Also FATT at Summit Point is really wild as well. Give them a look.

Rob

dustin

UAIOE
In my preference obviously I'd take the Evo. But that's just my opinion.

I do both, or should I say did. My car has been down for a few months while I've been restoring it & fixing previous owner stuff. I just picked up a 91 GSX also that I'm working with. There are a bunch of Auto-X's at Fed Ex field during the summer time. Also FATT at Summit Point is really wild as well. Give them a look.

Rob

Yeah I might try out the Jetta at the Fed-Ex field once I get the clutch replaced....

And I'm planning on heading out to Summit Point in the summertime to do a track day. I'll look into this FATT thing.

The Evo is sweet, but I'm just a bit partial to the engineering in the STI. Maybe in a couple years the EVO will be caught up. I think it might be because its just behind in the American market. We'll see, I wouldnt doubt it one bit if they bumped up displacement in the near future to compete with the STI.

frogger

Nice car, but still, unless you're clickin off high 12's/low 13's, the STi won't hang. From a roll or stop! :) Remember, I'm AWD too. But I digress, the car is on jackstands at this point for atleast another month or so. Then it's low-mid 12's.

Rob

:moon:

Not to intrude on the conversation, but I believe both the EVO and STi run low 13's.

John Z

if you will
Yeah I might try out the Jetta at the Fed-Ex field once I get the clutch replaced....

Dustin, tell us about your Jetta. I've seen a few nice VWs on the base at Pax, maybe yours is one of them.

I have a mostly stock MkIII Jetta. VR6 with only a chip and a suspension. Love that car too, but the wife drives it (so I'm stuck with my Beretta GTZ with 196,000 miles).

I've heard FATT is fun, but you will wear out a set of tires pretty good there.... :biggrin:

dustin

UAIOE
I like MK3 cars but I love the MK2's. If I could get my hands on a Mk2 Golf Synchro I'd be in heaven.

Right now I got a Alpine White 1990 Jetta GL Wolfsburg (WVW vin not a crappy brazilian model). I bought it in 1998 with 50k on the odometer. Since then I havent modded it at all because of lack of money and being it was my only form of transportation I couldnt afford to get a rental if it was down for whatever. Right now its got about 110,000 on it. I've had to replace the original gauge cluster cause the odometer gears decided to disentegrate. It's practically all stock, minus some 86 aluminum GTI wheels I put on. After the holidays, me and my buddy are gonna replace the whole clutch assembly (probably machine the flywheel). I got a short shift rebuild kit from techtonics tuning to clean up the sloppy play and give it a better feel. Also got a dropin K&N panel filter. Next up is new suspension all around (probably 2.5 drop). Gonna get a bigger sway bar for the front and front and rear tower bars as well. I got some 16x7 inch Enkei five spokes that will go on after that which are sittin in the trunk and backseat at the time. Also plan on finding a rear axle assembly off a MK2 GTI or GLi with the rear disks so I can swap that out. Get a bigger master cylinder and booster, stainless or kevlar lines, proportioning valve, and larger front rotor/caliper assy as well. Maybe put a nicer exhuast and cam on it. But being its only the 1.8L 8v motor there aint much hp potential unless I do a motor swap, turbo, or put on a G60 supercharger kit from a corrado. I'm just going for a nice daily driver that can handle well on the backroads.

This is the plan, but being that I have two motorcycles and a truck that desperately needs a nice sounding exhaust....dont hold your breath....

Last edited:

Broke90GSX

Originally posted by frogger
Not to intrude on the conversation, but I believe both the EVO and STi run low 13's.

Yeah they're around 13.5-13.6 average for each car. They're almost identical with the -20hp difference of the Evo. I like the Evo's b/c they don't have as extra junk necessary to go fast & turn fast.

Rob