McKay's in California

mitzi

On one of the town's virtual events, I saw Tommy McKay say they are opening a new store in California the first of the year. Has anyone heard where it's going to be? Curious as they closed the one they had in Wildwoode several years ago.

WheezyCarl

I couldn't afford Shopper's, but now a McKay's is going to save the day? And people wonder why we have to shop at Walmart. :rolleyes:

OldHillcrestGuy

Good question

Excellent question, next time I see Tommy in the Charlotte Hall store Im going to ask him. Ive seen him in the past year standing out in the property with another person walking around and looking. Since they cleared that lot of several years ago, there's a drainage pond to the rear of the lot, for the first time in my 42 years in my house during several of the big rains we had there's a creek that starts at that lot and runs under Charlotte Hall Rd. and the Three Notch Trail and comes into my street and floods the road in two different places as it passes through. Never happened till they cleared that lot.

mitzi

Excellent question, next time I see Tommy in the Charlotte Hall store Im going to ask him. Ive seen him in the past year standing out in the property with another person walking around and looking. Since they cleared that lot of several years ago, there's a drainage pond to the rear of the lot, for the first time in my 42 years in my house during several of the big rains we had there's a creek that starts at that lot and runs under Charlotte Hall Rd. and the Three Notch Trail and comes into my street and floods the road in two different places as it passes through. Never happened till they cleared that lot.

I can imagine, I lived on that road in the 80s/early 90s. I was right around the corner from that property. Our front yard would pond all the time back then.

BernieP

Resident PIA
On one of the town's virtual events, I saw Tommy McKay say they are opening a new store in California the first of the year. Has anyone heard where it's going to be? Curious as they closed the one they had in Wildwoode several years ago.
That store stunk, literally. My guess is that at the time it could not compete with the larger stores (chains) in the neighborhood.
But both Shoppers and Food Kitty are gone. The old Shopper sin San Souci was built as a large market store from the ground up (ok, technically renovated). I noticed that last time I was in the center they were working on the inside and a new front. Looks like they sectioned of the outside corner of the store as a separate area - wonder if it will be like Leonardtown and have liquor store there (doubt it with two others already on the corner) and ABC a block north.