McKay's in California

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I've always wondered how the egg eating decision came about.

Random Holocene dude 12,000 years ago, "I'mma eat the next thing that comes out of that chicken's butt." *Probably drunk is my guess.

SamSpade

I've always wondered how the egg eating decision came about.

My guess is a man saw animals eating them and decided to try it. Same way with lots of foods.

We probably learned to cook food by accident - and learned that it lasted longer.

TPD

the poor dad
I've eaten some strange things in my life, but I have to draw the line at chicken feet. I just can't get past the fact that they walk around in crap their whole lives.

Have not tried chicken feet yet, but would probably eat them before chicken livers, or livers of any type. 🤮

SamSpade

Have not tried chicken feet yet, but would probably eat them before chicken livers, or livers of any type. 🤮

See, I knew a guy who refused to eat chicken SKIN, for the same reasons you mentioned - when I asked why he answered "ever BEEN in a hen house?". I have. But I still like chicken skin.

However, I did once eat dinner with a fellow student in college who made a plate with chopped bits of fish and chicken livers. It was wonderful. So I imagine it is a matter of how it is prepared. I realize what a liver DOES - but I also eat creatures that are bottom feeders, like catfish. Or crabs. I'm fine with that.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I've eaten some strange things in my life, but I have to draw the line at chicken feet. I just can't get past the fact that they walk around in crap their whole lives.
For the class .... Things don't have any meat on them. So what is there to eat? Hell, they won't even make good crab bait. Nothing for the crab to eat.

sunshine98

Had fried chicken feet once as part of a Chinese Dim Sum. You suck the cartilage out from between the bones. Slightly less gross than eating scrapple, but not exactly filling or super tasty.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Had fried chicken feet once as part of a Chinese Dim Sum. You suck the cartilage out from between the bones. Slightly less gross than eating scrapple, but not exactly filling or super tasty.
That's what I remember from the night market in Taiwan. A big pot of steaming bright yellow gelatin.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Friend who owned an Oriental restaurant "treated" us one night to genuine 100 year old eggs.

It looked like mud.
It smelled like anaerobic mud.
It tasted like crap.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Friend who owned an Oriental restaurant "treated" us one night to genuine 100 year old eggs.

It looked like mud.
It smelled like anaerobic mud.
It tasted like crap.
Did you come back and repay the friend the next day? :geek: