McKay's in California

mitzi

First and last time, I saw a hog face. Just the skin, perfect of the face. This was in Giant in Oxon Hill 30 plus years ago. I guess you fry it? WTH else would you do with it.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Looks like they are gearing up to open finally. I've seen a couple of posts on FB that they are conducting on the spot interviews today from noon - 7 pm and tomorrow from 10 am - 3 pm.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

interesting to note that San Souci Center is now renamed Patuxent Crossing Center.

1stGenSMIB

Mobbed with what? In reality, I actually miss the old McKay's on GMR. I could slide in one end and get some lunch and get lost in the hardware store at the other end for a long lunch break, and pick up a 12-pack for after work in the middle on the way out.

Toxick

Splat
:lounge singer baritone:

Doo-doo-dodo-dooo
It always pays to shop at McKays
Where quality is discount every day!

Doo-doo-dodo-dooo
For you and your family
We give you this guarantee

MCKAYS FOOD STOOOOOOOOOORE

I'm here all week.

Don't forget to tip your bartenders and your waitresses.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lounge singer baritone:

Doo-doo-dodo-dooo
Where quality is discount every day!

Doo-doo-dodo-dooo
For you and your family
We give you this guarantee

MCKAYS FOOD STOOOOOOOOOORE

I'm here all week.

Don't forget to tip your bartenders and your waitresses.
Thanks for the earworm! *******.

😋

PeoplesElbow

Mobbed with what? In reality, I actually miss the old McKay's on GMR. I could slide in one end and get some lunch and get lost in the hardware store at the other end for a long lunch break, and pick up a 12-pack for after work in the middle on the way out.
Same here, the grocery store really went downhill the last few years but I could always count on the hardware store to have what I needed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I took a closer look today. The big sign they used to have has been downsized and the name PATUXENT CROSSING is on the top, but hard to read because the letters aren't that big.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Stopped in to the new McKays today. Laid out pretty much just like the old Shoppers, if you didn't see the name change outside, you'd never know.

Pretty well stocked, a lot of different variants of known products, lots of unknown/different brands. They used to have really good ground beef at the Hollywood store, so got a package to try. The seafood display had these enormous shrimp. Any bigger and they'd be small lobsters. Had to try them too. I'll marinate and grill them tonight.

Some things less expensive than other stores, some things more. Wine shop next door is still under construction.

Oh yeah... the self-checkout was kind of a PITA. Trying scan something, wouldn't scan. It was pausing between nearly every item asking if I had placed an item in the bag. Won't go further until you hit a button. The screen and procedure was different than other stores, so a bit confusing.

Bonehead

Yeah not much different than the old Shopper's same layout. I expected something different. There were maybe three people in the entire store when I went in. Old Tommy must have a boat load of money to whizz away.