McMahon blows a .26

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
McMahon out as Illinois agency's poster boy

By Harry Blauvelt, USA TODAY

Jim McMahon's days as a spokesperson for responsible drinking are over in Illinois.

Posters featuring the former Chicago Bears quarterback and the slogan "Don't Be a Punk and Get Drunk: Our Servers Serve Responsibly" are displayed in thousands of establishments serving alcoholic beverages in the state. The posters have become an embarrassment to the Illinois Liquor Control Commission in the wake of McMahon being charged Sunday with drunken driving in Navarre, Fla. His blood-alcohol level tested at 0.261% and 0.258%, police said. The level for DUI in Florida is 0.08%.

The McMahon poster, introduced in December as part of an ILCC program to prevent overserving of alcohol and underage drinking, is no longer in the ILCC's future plans, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Tuesday. McMahon, a college star at Brigham Young, was the Bears' quarterback in their 1986 Super Bowl win against New England.

Attempts to reach the ILCC on Tuesday were unsuccessful because of Veterans Day.

:frown: Sad, sad, sad...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
This could actually help the anti-DWI campaign. "Don't drink and drive, or else you'll be like a certain flash-in-the-pan wacko has-been quarterback who had his one season of glory back when the Thompson Twins were still making hits."

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Ken, when I saw the name of your thread, for a minute I thought ol' Headband Jim had chosen an unusual caliper of gun to commit suicide.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Tonio
Ken, when I saw the name of your thread, for a minute I thought ol' Headband Jim had chosen an unusual caliper of gun to commit suicide.
It would have been great if he could have matched a known caliber, huh?