McNabb and Philly fan...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here we go again, get rid of Donovan!

Has any quarterback, ever, had as much success over a ten year span, wins, with less talent at WR and no run game to speak of?

#5 has never had a ball control running game. He has had years with ZERO talent at WR and at least made the playoffs and has, for sure, made the playoffs with decent help.

Philly's defense has been at least decent over the last 10 years, sometimes very good but, never outstanding, top tier good.

I mean, come on, Philly fan, has any team of our time, ever, been as one dimensional AND as successful as Donovan McNabb and the Eagles of the last 10 years?

Your team, TEAM has not been good enough to win Superbowls. Do you really feel you would have been and will be, now, a better team absent him?

Can we have him?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Here we go again, get rid of Donovan!

Has any quarterback, ever, had as much success over a ten year span, wins, with less talent at WR and no run game to speak of?

#5 has never had a ball control running game. He has had years with ZERO talent at WR and at least made the playoffs and has, for sure, made the playoffs with decent help.

Philly's defense has been at least decent over the last 10 years, sometimes very good but, never outstanding, top tier good.

I mean, come on, Philly fan, has any team of our time, ever, been as one dimensional AND as successful as Donovan McNabb and the Eagles of the last 10 years?

Your team, TEAM has not been good enough to win Superbowls. Do you really feel you would have been and will be, now, a better team absent him?

Can we have him?

Philly with McNabb mirrors the early Elway era in Denver. I love hearing em whine bout McNabb, makes me laff.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Philly with McNabb mirrors the early Elway era in Denver. I love hearing em whine bout McNabb, makes me laff.

See, I think that is a perfect analogy; When did the Denver Elways finally win it all?

When they got a running game.

Just imagine what Marino may have done had he ever played with some ball control?

And I have to confess that Brett is only going as far as the Vikes running game is going this year.

Great 49er teams? Running game.

Steelers? Run the ball.
Hell, even the Pats could run the ball.
Peyton didn't win it all until he had a running game AND a defense.

Control the clock, beat people up, tackle people, RUN THE BALL!

Beta84

They're out to get us
who were his top two WRs this year? Jackson and Macklin? So a 2nd year player and a rookie. Jackson may have went to the Pro Bowl, but he seemed to be having some trouble catching passes against the Cowboys. Macklin had a decent year but was still just a rookie. You can't expect young guys like that to perform in the playoffs when what you really need is a veteran presence that the Eagles are lacking at WR. That's not McNabb's fault.

Otter

Nothing to see here
See, I think that is a perfect analogy; When did the Denver Elways finally win it all?

Just imagine what Marino may have done had he ever played with some ball control?

And I have to confess that Brett is only going as far as the Vikes running game is going this year.

Steelers? Run the ball.

Brett:confused:

donbarzini

And I have to confess that Brett is only going as far as HE ALLOWS the Vikes running game TO GO this year.

Steelers? Run the ball.

fixed:

Peter Forsberg

I often ask Philly fans who hate on Mcnabb who are we going to put in at QB? Corn Kolb? Teams tee off on him because they know we are not going to run the ball.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I heard a Philly fan bring this up on Sirius this afternoon. Trade Donny Mac since he has a year left draft a qb then put the #2 in while grooming the draft pick.

Pat Kerwin (host) asked the guy how committed was he to a trade. The guy said "we gotta do it". Pat asks "ok, how about for Washington's 5th round pick?" :cuelaughterfromthehosts:... caller says (after a moment of hemming and hawing) "Whatever it takes". :killingme

nuttshack

Little late on this

Being that I was born and raised in Philly. And going through the agony for the last 11 years. I agree he has done a lot for the Eagles, but this year had weapons. He has not won a meaningful game in a long time. Either they were blow outs or he sucked.

It is easy to say are the Eagles better now! No is the answer for now. The thing that made it clear for me a McNabb fan it was time to go was an article that the Younger players supported Kolb. Apparently, he did something to lose the team. At that point it is time to cut your losses.

Will the Skins win a Superbowl with him that remains to be seen, but I doubt it. As for the running game that went south when Westbrook returned!

And just a stat since I am sure most of you probably only listen to the Redskin kool aid spewed in the area. Kevin Kolb the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards in each of his first two career starts.

Throwing to Jackson and the ROOKIE (wasn't that the comment about Maclin).

What will that translate into this year well we will see. The Eagles may just be a 500 time this year if I am lucky, but I and all other Iggles fans lived thru enough of the McNAbb era. I hope he does well, but change was needed for everyone including him. Just don't Boo him the first game or he will never forgive you!!

BuddyLee

Football addict
And just a stat since I am sure most of you probably only listen to the Redskin kool aid spewed in the area. Kevin Kolb the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards in each of his first two career starts.

Yeah, keep drinking your own "kool aid".

Good for him for throwing for 300 yards against Kansas City.:lmao:

Good for him for throwing for 300 yards against New Orleans, even though most were garbage yards after they were getting blown out 48-22.:lmao:

nuttshack

Yeah, keep drinking your own "kool aid".

Good for him for throwing for 300 yards against Kansas City.:lmao:

Good for him for throwing for 300 yards against New Orleans, even though most were garbage yards after they were getting blown out 48-22.:lmao:

Actually he threw for almost 200 yards in the first half ok 194 ... And yes the second game was against the Chiefs and a decent QB should throw for 300 plus yards. That was my point..A decent QB should be able to do those things.

I point out stats not my pipe dreams... If anything I try to keep it real. I avoid the kool aid because beer taste much better!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Actually he threw for almost 200 yards in the first half ok 194 ... And yes the second game was against the Chiefs and a decent QB should throw for 300 plus yards. That was my point..A decent QB should be able to do those things.

I point out stats not my pipe dreams... If anything I try to keep it real. I avoid the kool aid because beer taste much better!
Guess we'll find out soon enough.:buddies: