McNabb/Samuels trade to...Raiders??

angelbaby

First rumbles of McNabb-to-Raiders trade terms emerge
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2010 6:37 PM ET

Every once in a while, we develop a tipster who builds a track record of providing tips that end up being true.

And one of our latest tipsters who has been accurate with past tips (for the most part) has now given us a tip regarding the trade terms that possibly would send Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb to the Raiders.

Per the tip -- uncorroborated but nevertheless intriguing -- McNabb and cornerback Asante Samuel would go to Oakland, and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha would go to Philadelphia.

We don't know whether an offer of this nature has been made. We suspect that the Eagles would, at a minimum, want to replace Samuel with Sheldon Brown.

Anyway, stay tuned. This is all uncorroborated, but we know that our friends in Philly are desperate for information, and that our friends in Oakland are desperate for hope.

:popcorn:

angelbaby

Report: Eagles want a top 42 pick for McNabb

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2010 8:37 PM ET
As further proof that a trade of Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb has become inevitable, the Associated Press reports that the team will consider only an offer than includes a pick among the top 42 in the 2010 draft.

It's unclear why or how 42 became the cutoff point, especially since the 42nd selection, held by the Buccaneers, falls 10 picks into round two.

Under the official draft order, the Bills own the 41st pick, the Raiders have the 39th selection, the Browns hold the 38th pick, and the Redskins possess the 37th pick. (We'd be shocked if the Eagles would be willing to trade McNabb within the division, and there's no indication that the Redskins would want him. But, you know, Jason Campbell and Rex Grossman.)

It previously was believed that the Eagles wanted at least a first-round pick, possibly more. But with no one offering a first-round pick three weeks into the 2010 league year, the Eagles have had to relax their expectations.

Now that the cat is fully out of the bag, the Eagles might have to relax their expectations even further.

:coffee:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Minnesota #1 to Philly for McNabb..Minnesota tells Brent they will call him when they make up their mind what to do with him.

Baz

This. ------------------>
You just know Snyder's got millions of googily-eyed stacks of money staring him down right now.

Do it, Danny!!! You know you're dying to. Think of the headlines!

*EDIT*

If you REALLY want to make some noise, both McNabb and T.O. are avaliable. :biggrin:

(Not that Eagles want to trade within the division.)

Attachments

• Geico cash.jpg
    Geico cash.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:lol:

Plus he's getting to the end of his life cycle. I honestly think he doesnt have much left to offer The Eagles... Or any other team for that matter :whistle:

He's what, 34? The guy is like Elway, a total stud jock. As long as he is healthy, which he is, right?, then he's got, what, at least 2, maybe 4, maybe even 6 years left of solid physical ability to play the game?

Call it at least two, right?

To me, as a Redskins fan, he has always frustrated the hell out of me because he's had so little help over the years and beat us anyway. I mean, is there a team that has had worse skill people, collectively, and gone so far the last 10 years?

Every damn game, I sit there and yell at the TV, keep an eye on Westbrook and we got 'em! So, what do we do? Westbrook kills us on screens from McNabb because he does represent a threat to get the ball to the collection of stiffs he's had over the years.

Now, would they have been a better team with, keeping the comparison going, Elway? Yes. Not many teams could not have been. BUT, I think the Eagles have clearly been a better team because of him given they haven't had Elway or Montana or a handful of other super stars.

otter may have been joking but, if I am Minnesota, getting him right now, with that D, with that running game, with those other skill people, man. I'd do that, for sure over The Brett.

If I read he's coming to DC for 2 years, I'm not upset about that, at all though I think he'd be crazy to come here. We've got more problems than where he is now.

Anyone who sees themselves like Minnesota, good running game, good D, solid skill people but lacking at QB, they gotta look at him.

Texans? Jags? Dolphins?

Beta84

They're out to get us
He's what, 34? The guy is like Elway, a total stud jock. As long as he is healthy, which he is, right?, then he's got, what, at least 2, maybe 4, maybe even 6 years left of solid physical ability to play the game?

Call it at least two, right?

To me, as a Redskins fan, he has always frustrated the hell out of me because he's had so little help over the years and beat us anyway. I mean, is there a team that has had worse skill people, collectively, and gone so far the last 10 years?

Every damn game, I sit there and yell at the TV, keep an eye on Westbrook and we got 'em! So, what do we do? Westbrook kills us on screens from McNabb because he does represent a threat to get the ball to the collection of stiffs he's had over the years.

Now, would they have been a better team with, keeping the comparison going, Elway? Yes. Not many teams could not have been. BUT, I think the Eagles have clearly been a better team because of him given they haven't had Elway or Montana or a handful of other super stars.

otter may have been joking but, if I am Minnesota, getting him right now, with that D, with that running game, with those other skill people, man. I'd do that, for sure over The Brett.

If I read he's coming to DC for 2 years, I'm not upset about that, at all though I think he'd be crazy to come here. We've got more problems than where he is now.

Anyone who sees themselves like Minnesota, good running game, good D, solid skill people but lacking at QB, they gotta look at him.

Texans? Jags? Dolphins?

Dolphins? The last thing they need on their entire roster at this point in time is a QB.

Otter

Nothing to see here

:faint:

As for the rest of your post, I agree wholeheartedly..Over the past 10 yrs, McNabb has been the Eagles. I will never understand the eagle fan base, they've had one of the best QBs over the past 10 yrs yet all I hear most of the time is that he's gotta go.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Sorry. He, you, smashed my rose colored glasses against the Saint's. The one thing he HAD to do, be smart, let the game come to him, he could not do. He had no business letting himself get bashed to pieces like that. Too much ego.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As for the rest of your post, I agree wholeheartedly..Over the past 10 yrs, McNabb has been the Eagles. I will never understand the eagle fan base, they've had one of the best QBs over the past 10 yrs yet all I hear most of the time is that he's gotta go.

I was curious what you'd think of that. Again, I don't claim all time status for him but, certainly, one of the best of his era and, to me, you, maybe most Redskins fans, he IS the Eagles.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Wha??? They run the ball. They play D. They have...Chad Henne.

:shrug:

Who most analysts think is going to be a really good QB. When they turned him loose a few times after Brown was hurt he did pretty well and threw for over 300 yrds. He has the starting nod next year. If he doesn't pan out, they still have Chad Pennington, their 2nd round pick from last year (Pat White), and then the guy they traded a 6th or 7th round pick for (Thigpen). That's 4 QBs when you only have room for 3. On offense they need a top WR.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who most analysts think is going to be a really good QB. When they turned him loose a few times after Brown was hurt he did pretty well and threw for over 300 yrds. He has the starting nod next year. If he doesn't pan out, they still have Chad Pennington, their 2nd round pick from last year (Pat White), and then the guy they traded a 6th or 7th round pick for (Thigpen). That's 4 QBs when you only have room for 3. On offense they need a top WR.

Fine by me. Remove the Phish from the D'Nabb list. :shrug: