Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

Goldenhawk

Replying to my self: a "see I told you so".
Finally, please recognize that Maryland's best current prediction is that we'll be about 1300 hospital beds and 500+ ICU beds short by the end of April. In fact, the ICU beds will all be full by about next week. That's going to happen no matter what the distancing can do, because it's a function of already-infected people. So if anytime in the next couple months you or a loved one get in an accident, or have a heart attack or stroke, you're screwed, because every hospital bed will be full. Italy and New York City are already there - just look it up on Google News etc. They've got beds lining the hallways and people are not getting treated because there simply aren't enough medical devices.
Hospitals in NYC are starting to refuse patients in life-or-death situations now.

So please do your part and obey the shelter-in-place rules. Stop the spread before we end up there too.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So please do your part and obey the shelter-in-place rules. Stop the spread before we end up there too.
How about this... If you are old, infirm, immune compromised, already sick, dealing with diabetes, cancer, or anyother illness, that would stress, your immune system, please, stay the fck at home! The rest of us normal and healthy people, will do the fck as we please.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
As someone who is medium-high risk (cancer survivor, borderline diabetic, asthma and other things I've survived that have battered the immune system...as well as being 63), have found my usual measures against catching flu are likely working. I'm pretty much a homebody anyway, even before this only went to work, doctor's appointments and grocery/necessities shopping. Have long avoided unnecessary physical contact. I don't really miss the once or twice a month Anita and I would go out to a movie or dinner.

Other folks want to be out and about more than me, more power to 'em.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

As someone who is medium-high risk (cancer survivor, borderline diabetic, asthma and other things I've survived that have battered the immune system...as well as being 63), have found my usual measures against catching flu are likely working. I'm pretty much a homebody anyway, even before this only went to work, doctor's appointments and grocery/necessities shopping. Have long avoided unnecessary physical contact. I don't really miss the once or twice a month Anita and I would go out to a movie or dinner.

Other folks want to be out and about more than me, more power to 'em.
Have you ever gone nowhere? Never left your house for awhile? Interacted with no one, or where people have been, in the fall or winter, and still caught a cold? Or the flu? If so, it's because coronavirus' are zoonotic. That means if you went outside your home, walking around, doing yard work, or whatever, you picked up that cold, or flu, from the area wildlife. It also means that you had a suppressed immune system. Get educated people. (not meant to be focused at you @spr1975wshs).

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I have almost enough barn wood to finish another wall in my garage so I don’t need to leave my house this weekend at all. BUT, if I choose to leave my home to pick up some more materials for my project, I shall leave my home.

black dog

Free America
I go to 3-4 different jobsites six days a week, I stop in at the local grocery store like normal and stop a few times daily for soda and a snack at the local service stations and towelhead bobs store on the way home. The plants im in are running full speed three shifts a day. The only difference is they all have employees doing nothing but cleaning where people touch, turn, cook, walk, sit and micro meals. None of my peeps are sick and I only know of one person out here testing positive, and that was at a local distribution center.
It can be almost normal if you want it to be.

Louise

whom ever it is, they are trying to hide by using a different prose, give it time .. the true nature will reveal itself.

Informative thread. Funny and enjoyable, too. How’s it going, timcup? Any scores with the forum ladies?

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Informative thread. Funny and enjoyable, too. How’s it going, timcup? Any scores with the forum ladies?

Ah Look It's HANK With another MPD ....
ya know if you are going to make accusasations you should get the account name correct and offer Some PROOF

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was off work yesterday but received an email telling me that starting today, we now have to get our temperature taken before and after work. :ohwell:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I may ...

Have you ever gone nowhere? Never left your house for awhile? Interacted with no one, or where people have been, in the fall or winter, and still caught a cold? Or the flu? If so, it's because coronavirus' are zoonotic. That means if you went outside your home, walking around, doing yard work, or whatever, you picked up that cold, or flu, from the area wildlife. It also means that you had a suppressed immune system. Get educated people. (not meant to be focused at you @spr1975wshs).
No worries, did not take it personal.

The animal to human jump is similar to getting Toxoplasmosis from an infected cat, though that's a parasite rather than a virus.

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This kinda reminds me of what might be coming if Americans, Marylander's, do not engage, daily, in massive acts of civil disobedience, and go about their normal lives as they before all this BS faux virus started. So go out and live as you used to. To hell with government edicts. Or maybe, we will become the next Germany?

"When we decide that certain individuals no longer have value, then what is to stop us from deciding that other individuals have no value either (elderly, disabled, minorities, et al)? Who gets to make that decision? When we have reached the conclusion that certain individuals have no value, then it becomes perfectly acceptable to demand their sacrifice for the benefit of another. This is the root assumption of collectivism/statism. This is tyranny!"

Louise

I feel sorry for members who are bashing other members. That is easy to do with no personal contact with humans because of social media. I am glad I joined here. Definitely, puts things into perspective Of what people are up against I think it is worse than the current virus that is supposedly plaguing our country. Sad.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member