Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

awpitt

Main Streeter
What if you have out of state plates? Not Virginia.

If you can't demonstrate that you're going to/from a grocery store, pharmacy, or your job (designated as essential), you'd be in violation. License plates don't matter.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
A few weeks ago I was joking and said pretty soon we'd have to "show our papers" to go anywhere. Well, here we are. I actually have papers to show if I need to venture out. Crazy times.
I get mine before COB today.

Toxick

Splat
Martial Law in Maryland.

What a wondeful time to be alive. Shouldn't take much time for habeus corpus to be suspended, or simply shooting non compliant miscreants.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Like to see how this will be enforced? And where he thinks he gets this kind of authority? When I woke up this morning it was in the USA, not a dictatorial country.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Better get to Dyson's at lunchtime then. Nothing I need there is essential, but it will pass the time stuck at home.

Plus I better start dragging stuff (PCs, equipment, etc.) home to work on.

Toxick

Splat
Like to see how this will be enforced? And where he thinks he gets this kind of authority? When I woke up this morning it was in the USA, not a dictatorial country.

They get that kind of authority because they are the mother ****ing government. Our rights have been happily given away to them over the course of decades in favor of comfort and safety. They have the firepower to enforce any kind of fiat they god damned well please.

You exist at the government's pleasure.

Don't kid yourself that you do not.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Oldest isn't going to be happy about this. He likes to get out and drive around between Calvert and St Mary's so he isn't stuck at home all day if he's not working or going to school.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Oldest isn't going to be happy about this. He likes to get out and drive around between Calvert and St Mary's so he isn't stuck at home all day if he's not working or going to school.
I thought of this yesterday as I was driving home around 7:00pm from my '2nd home'. There were surprisingly few cars on the road. Given that it was a beautiful evening, I thought more folks would be out just driving around to get out of the house - not leaving their cars or going anywhere in particular, but just joy riding.

Guess that's outta the question now.