Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I thought of this yesterday as I was driving home around 7:00pm from my '2nd home'. There were surprisingly few cars on the road. Given that it was a beautiful evening, I thought more folks would be out just driving around to get out of the house - not leaving their cars or going anywhere in particular, but just joy riding.

Guess that's outta the question now.
I noticed a bunch of unfamiliar vehicles slow rolling my hood yesterday. That makes me uneasy, because I'm paranoid like that. There are several weekend homes where I live and the 'come downers' have been slowly trickling in also, so that is not helping.

Reactions: BOP

Hessian

Step back for a moment...you do realize that references to historical events, quotes from Fmr prime Ministers of England, and puns...are a true testimony to the wit & intelligence of the posters. As a History Teacher (for decades!)...I must say that our education in the 1960's & 70's from teachers of the Greatest Generation...was more than adequate. well done,...well done.

Last edited:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Step back for a moment...you do realize that refeneces to historical events, quotes from Fmr prime Ministers of England, and puns...are a true testimony to the wit & intelligence of the posters. As a History Teacher (for decades!)...I must say that our education in the 1960's & 70's from teachers of the Greatest Generation...was more than adequate. well done,...well done.

They may have passed History but some apparently underachieved in Government, especially as to how states can impose strictures the federal government can't.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Think it would be your driver's license that counts as residency.

Driver licenses and licence plates do not matter. If you're out and about after 8pm tonight in MAryland and you can't show that you're going to/from a grocery store, pharmacy, or your job (designated as essential), you'd be in violation.

black dog

Free America
I get mine before COB today.

I thought of this yesterday as I was driving home around 7:00pm from my '2nd home'. There were surprisingly few cars on the road. Given that it was a beautiful evening, I thought more folks would be out just driving around to get out of the house - not leaving their cars or going anywhere in particular, but just joy riding.

Guess that's outta the question now.
I have been riding around daily on my super glide and have yet to be pulled over by
Officer Mao. Im kinna hoping it will happen, out and about and no tags on the motorcycle...

• Wow

awpitt

Main Streeter
More Details: STAY AT HOME ORDER: There is a new executive order effective at 8pm TODAY, issuing a stay-at-home directive unless leaving for employment or for an “essential activity” (getting food, medicine, etc.). THE STATE IS DIRECTING YOU TO STAY HOME. Essential businesses must make every effort to scale down operations, limit in-person engagement if possible, and telework as much as possible. No Marylander should travel outside of the state unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. If you’ve traveled out of state, you MUST quarantine for two weeks. Everyone should reschedule ALL non-essential appointments. Do not use public transit unless absolutely necessary. All orders will be under strict enforcement and any person who knowingly and willfully violates the order can receive imprisonment of up to one year or a fine up to $5,000 or both. To publicize this, there will be a wireless emergency alert on all cell phones— you will receive the alert today.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No Marylander should travel outside of the state unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. If you’ve traveled out of state, you MUST quarantine for two weeks.

:killingme

I guess I should quit commuting through VA from National Harbor to Rockville Every Day

CPUSA

More Details: STAY AT HOME ORDER: There is a new executive order effective at 8pm TODAY, issuing a stay-at-home directive unless leaving for employment or for an “essential activity” (getting food, medicine, etc.). THE STATE IS DIRECTING YOU TO STAY HOME. Essential businesses must make every effort to scale down operations, limit in-person engagement if possible, and telework as much as possible. No Marylander should travel outside of the state unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. If you’ve traveled out of state, you MUST quarantine for two weeks. Everyone should reschedule ALL non-essential appointments. Do not use public transit unless absolutely necessary. All orders will be under strict enforcement and any person who knowingly and willfully violates the order can receive imprisonment of up to one year or a fine up to $5,000 or both. To publicize this, there will be a wireless emergency alert on all cell phones— you will receive the alert today.
You're absolutely giddy about all of this Iron Fist of Gov't chit, ain'cha?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member