Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

black dog

Free America
Think so? Go out running around and find out.

Our overlords are done ****ing around with us.

Between work for a few weeks now i have been taking a motorcycle ride daily between rain storms and twice LE has pulled up behind me at a light Trooper/Officer Mao has yet to pull me over..
Oh and since the DMV is closed that bike has no tag on it....

Reactions: BOP

NextJen

Raisin cane
There was another thing that I read a few minutes ago issued by the state, that went a little deeper and basically said stay the eff home and it gave me the impression it was newer and carried more power. Thanks GW.
Unless I missed it, I didn't see skipping as being allowed. Please refrain for now while you are out exercising.

Which makes me wonder, is bailing someone out of jail considered an essential reason to be out?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Must be really cool always being right! Glad you are on the frontline of this virus. It's very reassuring!

Actually it's pretty frustrating. But you go right ahead and continue to mock me, and I'll go ahead and continue being right.

I'm thinking your view of this is just a bit tight. No one is going to stop or question people from doing yard work or cutting the grass. They want to discourage going somewhere where there are other people to pass the infection. That won't happen on your own property. Walking and biking are specifically excluded from the stay at home order as long as you maintain separation and in less than groups of 10.
Exactly. It is very much based on common sense. The only way the virus can be caught is through exposure. There have still been many people taking that lightly thus the steady increase of infection. Every time you leave your house and visit a common area (where other people go/have been you could pick up the virus simply by touch transfer. Hogan isn't doing this as a power play but rather as a last resort to stop the "simple math" of how one can transfer the virus to many and they transfer the virus to many and so on and so on. He's trying to eliminate the number of vessels. Though the odds are if you get it you will survive it, there are still those who will get the short straw from your contamination.... thus the increases in hospitalization and deaths.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If you need your job to pay your bills, rent/mortgage, insurance, electricity, feed your family, etc., then your job is essential. If you are a small business owner, and you need to keep your business operating in order to pay your bills, rent/mortgage, insurance, electricity, feed your family, etc., then your business is an essential business, and should remain open. Unless of course 'ole Larry is going to reimburse everyone for all that lost revenue, and not in a sliding scale reimbursement, but in a total, historical, on what revenue would have been made, amount lost.

Also. There is no way that all these hundreds of thousands of people could have been tested for the actual strain of coronavirus 19. The testing kits will show a positive for "any/all" coronavirus strains. The only way to be certain that it is indeed, "Covid 19", is to isolate the virus without contaminants, grow a culture, and then perform a RNA/DNA sequencing. That is the only way to confirm, if in fact, all these so called sick, and those that have died, did so from Covid 19. But my bet is it is just simply the normal variety flu with people dying, (as it happens every damn year), from underlying medical issues, and pneumonia, being used as a guise to lock this Nation down.

awpitt

Main Streeter
By the metric you're applying to Trump? That's true of everyone on the planet.
And the stuff the news calls lies are the kind of crap I say to everyone I know all the time.
So -- what.

It wouldn't apply it to everyone on the planet. Just those (incl. Trump) who refuse to acknowledge established facts and just brush them off and call them "fake news".

zar

Theist
I'm thinking your view of this is just a bit tight. No one is going to stop or question people from doing yard work or cutting the grass. They want to discourage going somewhere where there are other people to pass the infection. That won't happen on your own property. Walking and biking are specifically excluded from the stay at home order asa long as you maintain separation and in less than groups of 10.

Exactly. It is very much based on common sense. The only way the virus can be caught is through exposure. There have still been many people taking that lightly thus the steady increase of infection. Every time you leave your house and visit a common area (where other people go/have been you could pick up the virus simply by touch transfer. Hogan isn't doing this as a power play but rather as a last resort to stop the "simple math" of how one can transfer the virus to many and they transfer the virus to many and so on and so on. He's trying to eliminate the number of vessels. Though the odds are if you get it you will survive it, there are still those who will get the short straw from your contamination.... thus the increases in hospitalization and deaths.

I understand it's common sense but by letter of the order I do not see how I would be covered as doing an "essential activity"

Stay-at-Home Order. a. All persons living in the State of Maryland are hereby ordered, effective as of 8:00 p.m. on March 30, 2020, to stay in their homes or places of residences (“Homes”)

except: i. to conduct or participate in Essential Activities (defined below); ii. staff and owners of businesses and organizations that are not required to close pursuant to paragraph IV or paragraph V below may travel:

1. between their Homes and those businesses and organizations; and

2. to and from customers for the purpose of delivering goods or performing services; and iii. staff and owners of Non-Essential Businesses (defined below) may travel: 1. between their Homes and those Non-Essential Businesses for the purpose of engaging in Minimal Operations; and 2. to and from customers for the purpose of delivering goods. b. As used herein, “Essential Activities” means: -

3 -
i. Obtaining necessary supplies or services for one’s self, family, household members, pets, or livestock, including, without limitation: groceries, supplies for household consumption or use, supplies and equipment needed to work from home, laundry, and products needed to maintain safety, sanitation, and essential maintenance of the home or residence;

ii. Engaging in activities essential for the health and safety of one’s self, family, household members, pets, or livestock, including such things as seeking medical or behavior health or emergency services, and obtaining medication or medical supplies;

iii. Caring for a family member, friend, pet, or livestock in another household or location, including, without limitation, transporting a family member, friend, pet, or livestock animal for essential health and safety activities, and to obtain necessary supplies and services;

iv. Traveling to and from an educational institution for purposes of receiving meals or instructional materials for distance learning;

v. Engaging in outdoor exercise activities, such as walking, hiking, running, or biking, but only in compliance with paragraph III below and applicable social distancing guidance published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and the Maryland Department of Health (“MDH”); vi. Travel required by a law enforcement officer or court order; or vii. Traveling to and from a federal, State, or local government building for a necessary purpose.

I understand it's common sense but by letter of the order I do not see how I would be covered as doing an "essential activity"
In your own quote, item v., says it's ok if you follow guidelines. I'm good with that. I also have doctor's orders for a minimum of 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 3-4 times a week. Since gyms are shut down, walking fills the bill.

zar

Theist
You can work in your yard for God's sake. Staying home doesn't mean stay locked up in the house.

My property is in a different county from where I live, so travel to it would be necessary. It wasn't a question about doing yard work at your legal residence, but about being stopped and questioned between your residence and property.