Md. Gov. Larry Hogan issues ‘stay at home’ order

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'll bet hubs is not taking this quarantine too well. 🏃‍♂️

That's not very polite.
Jeebus. I guess she's still around. :rolleyes:

Hey LL, don't you have some colloidal silver or some quackavitamegamite to take or something?

Bann

PREMO Member
I still don't know for sure if it's her - she seems to be some morphed version of a few of them.
that's what happens when someone is TRYING not to post in the same way they normally would.

Then, when they get into posting, they forget and have to try and go back to fixee fix, and they make it look worse. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
that's what happens when someone is TRYING not to post in the same way they normally would.

Then, when they get into posting, they forget and have to try and go back to fixee fix, and they make it look worse. :lol:
Unfortunately now we are giving her exactly what she wants. She is the main topic of conversations again. :ohwell: Like somebody said earlier, at least it's a break from the "C" word.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The forums are a great place for "fresh starts". You can go off the rails, come back as a new person and be normal and enjoy yourself. I know.. I did it! I tried to be "known" on here but just like in real life, it went south quickly. So... I came back and was myself and interact with others in a positive way. That is what I don't understand about LL. I guess I figured this all had to be "an act" to get attention on the forums and no way could this be her real personality. Now I'm not so sure because she can't break the cycle.
I too, thought of leaving and coming back under a different name. I even have an MPD. I decided in the end that it really doesn't matter. In the 15 years that I've been here, many have come and gone. Just by looking back at my posts, I can most likely tell you exactly what was going on in my personal life at the time. I used these forums as a release and acted badly on more than one occasion. It was therapy. In the end, it's not a true reflection of who I am, it's what I was going through.

Robin is a completely different story. I don't think her pilot light is always lit...

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member
That is how I am in real life. That is why it got to the point where I hated who I was with how I acted on the forums. It was all an act and not me at all. I think that is why I failed so badly at all the MPDs. :lol:
I never could keep track of all the different MPD people come in here with - only the major PITA ones. :lol:

I only know you as RareBreed and you've always been nice to me! :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
I too, thought of leaving and coming back under a different name. I even have an MPD. I decided in the end that it really doesn't matter. In the 15 years that I've been here, many have come and gone. Just by looking back at my posts, I can most likely tell you exactly what was going on in my personal life at the time. I used these forums as a release and acted badly on more than one occasion. It was therapy. In the end, it's not a true reflection of who I am, it's what I was going through.

Robin is a completely different story. I don't think her pilot light is always lit...

:huggy: I remember when you told me that at the M & G - and I never did see any of those old posts, BTW/.

Most of the time for me - in the politics forums especially - it's not personal! Politics ain't beanbag - (it's a bloodsport!) :biggrin:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I never could keep track of all the different MPD people come in here with - only the major PITA ones. :lol:

I only know you as RareBreed and you've always been nice to me! :yay:
:flowers: Thanks Bann. I guess the forums needs PITA posters but I'm glad I'm not one of them. Too much stress. :jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I thought you had to have symptoms in order to be tested?

What made you think that? That's not snark, that's a real question.

Tons of people are supposedly positive, according to the news, despite having no symptoms. Chris Cuomo, for one. That's why when someone says so and so tested positive I ask if they were sick - because according to the numbers, only a very few people who have the virus actually get sick.

Conversely, there are people who are having symptoms....and they can't get tested. Misfit on here (who I know personally) is a first-hand account, and I have other real friends who had severe flu symptoms and were told to get rest, drink fluids, and shake it off.

I marvel that people are largely not questioning this.

Why would they close the parks? Why would they close the golf courses, which is the most social distancing sport invented? Why are all these recreational activities banned, but you can still crowd into the liquor store?

In what way does any of this make sense?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The pecking order for asymptomatic/minor symptoms testing seems to be: Celebrities, pro athletes, politicians.

Virginia golf courses are still open, 1 person per cart, no pins and the cups are turned upside down. The parks in SMC are open but no basketball/ football etc to eliminate group sport. The REAL pisser (until DNR clarified) was the ban on fishing from your boat and recreational boating. No rec boating allowed but you can now fish from your boat for sustenance.

ACE hardware in L'town only allows 10 customers at a time plus the 6-10 employees at a time. I can see HD/Lowe's allowing maybe 50 customers in at a time but like I said the other day, Lowe's was like Black Friday packed on Monday. I need a couple more items for my project but I will use curbside pick up for that until this gets on the backside.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not always. I do believe what Dr. Fauci says.

And to me he's the most full of chit out of all of them. He keeps throwing out these numbers that he has no way of knowing, and focusing on absolute doom worst case scenarios that smack so hard of fear mongering propaganda they make me grit my teeth. Who even is he and why is he the "expert"?

I also don't like his face. He has this little smirk going on and seems to be enjoying the media attention a bit too much. He comes across as a Nazi propagandist, not a true source of information.

To me he's Dr. Phil. Dr. Oz. All these "doctors" who are more celebrities and media personalities than anything else.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Virginia golf courses are still open, 1 person per cart, no pins and the cups are turned upside down.

That makes exactly no sense. Can't be in a golf cart with someone you know, but you can jam into Lowes with a hundred strangers. And somehow sinking a putt is going to kill you??

In what world is that a reasonable precaution?