Md Terp Basketball

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
Anyone surprised by the 8-0 start. Last night was a big win at Ill. Finally Gary gets tough players not pansies like NCM AND Travis Garrison.

GO TERPS!!

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Buckets said:
Anyone surprised by the 8-0 start. Last night was a big win at Ill. Finally Gary gets tough players not pansies like NCM AND Travis Garrison.

GO TERPS!!

A little surprised and VERY EXCITED! Luvs me some college basketball!!! :drool:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I meant to...

...get a Terp thread started!

I was excited as the year began because of Strawberry's getting to play his natural position instead of point.

I was excited to hear that Hayes and Vasquez should be good even as FR at the point.

I was excited for Gist, size inside, Ibekwe a leaper, and Mike Jones, 3 pointers, being experienced seniors, along with DJ.

Bowers brings some size and experience also a senior.

So, 7-0 before last night might be a bit surprising but, not if they are pretty darn good which last night, now 8-0 showed.

Also, now, having seen them, there is Osby bringing some decent play and serious size and muscle in the paint.

If some of the other young guys can contribute even a little and at least play intense defense and if older guys like Pharrish can give good minutes, this may be a real fun year!!!!!!

Vasquez is, so far, looking like a ACC first teamer. Unbelievable play last night!

Michael Delaney

Porsche 917K
I am an Illini fan, originally being from Illinois, so I wasn't happy to see the Terps win, however...
Maryland does appear to have a great team and the game was a good one. Vasquez sure is an awesome player? Dayum!
I too love to watch college hoops.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That makes you...

Michael Delaney said:
I am an Illini fan, originally being from Illinois, so I wasn't happy to see the Terps win, however...
Maryland does appear to have a great team and the game was a good one. Vasquez sure is an awesome player? Dayum!
I too love to watch college hoops.

..a good person to ask;

How good are your guys expected to be this year? NCAA? Second round? Sweet 16?

Thanks!

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
Larry Gude said:
..a good person to ask;

How good are your guys expected to be this year? NCAA? Second round? Sweet 16?

Thanks!

Joe Lunardi (Bracketology) has them as a 9 seed in this years tourney. But he also has MD on the outside looking in. :smack:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
.. there is Osby bringing some decent play and serious size and muscle in the paint.

Vasquez is, so far, looking like a ACC first teamer. Unbelievable play last night

These guys are key. Vasquez is playing beyond his years, tho he was out of control a few times last night. Osby brings some meat in the middle plus enthusiasm.

krystieg

MD Terps

I am not surprised at all at the Terpa start but am surprised at the loss against Notre Dame. I mean to beat the illuni on the home court and then lose to the Irish. Oh well at least it is not a conference game

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
Well after last nights loss to BC I am starting to think that it might be another one of those years for the Terps. Even though BC is a legit team. The ACC is full of legit teams. In the two losses this year the terps killing themselves with turnovers, stupid shots, defensive lapses. and if the Terps expect to be back in the dance they will have to play better, smarter basketball. Also, Ibekwe needs to realize he is a big man. He is supposed to play near the basketball, rebound, putbacks, etc. We do not need him dribbling, handling the basketball and taking long jumpshots (know your role)

sorry for the rant just am still made about the loss

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Buckets said:
Well after last nights loss to BC I am starting to think that it might be another one of those years for the Terps.

...BUT the Terps are a young team in several important aspects and also a vet team that is anxious to have a big year as they head for the door, so, getting off to a fast start shows them they CAN be good and losing to BC lets them look, now, at the reality; no one is going to give you one damn thing and you MUST bring it, every night, in order to excel.

So, all in all, not a bad loss and a good time for it, perhaps?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
...BUT the Terps are a young team in several important aspects and also a vet team that is anxious to have a big year as they head for the door, so, getting off to a fast start shows them they CAN be good and losing to BC lets them look, now, at the reality; no one is going to give you one damn thing and you MUST bring it, every night, in order to excel.

So, all in all, not a bad loss and a good time for it, perhaps?

:yeahthat:

C

chess

Buckets said:
I bet they are better than your boyz WVU you guys were just a couple year fluke

You will see... we alread took care of NC state ;) easily at a neutral site....

you jsut watch :)

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
Terps looked good last night. Mike Jones was on fire finally knocking down shots. Albeit versus a average UMKC team. But these are the type of games we need to get the offense going and get people to start shooting the ball. I am lossing more and more respect for Ibekwe everytime i see him play, hope he turns it around. We need him.

GO TERPS!!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Buckets said:
Terps looked good last night. Mike Jones was on fire finally knocking down shots. Albeit versus a average UMKC team. But these are the type of games we need to get the offense going and get people to start shooting the ball. I am lossing more and more respect for Ibekwe everytime i see him play, hope he turns it around. We need him.

GO TERPS!!!

...I don't even know why a program like Maryland should be allowed to get away with playing a bunch of Kangaroo's. Looked good? I look good against my nephew. He's 13. And a foot shorter. And 150 pounds lighter.

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
Larry Gude said:
...I don't even know why a program like Maryland should be allowed to get away with playing a bunch of Kangaroo's. Looked good? I look good against my nephew. He's 13. And a foot shorter. And 150 pounds lighter.

Haha...that is true. But alot of programs now are scheduling a few cupcakes. Gary always schedules local area cupcakes (UMBC, American, Mt. St. Mary's, etc.) and smaller school cupcakes that he has ties too. And with more and more of his assistants getting head coaching jobs I am sure this will stay the same.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:

Appalachian State was busy.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Buckets said:

GO TERPS!!!

Didn't Maryland beat them by like 50 points or something? :confused: I would hope they looked good. I'm a Terps fan and all, but they need to play against teams that are going to challenge them, UMKC could have saved a boatload of money by forfeiting the game, staying home, and letting UMD play a local high school team...