MD Unemployment online application issues

Tman22

Question for anyone who may know - I applied for unemployment online and I have an action item that asks for "Social Security Administration Record Verification". Could anyone tell me what documents will satisfy this? I can not find my SS card. I sent them an email about this and they replied in my account under correspondence and when I click on it it says "Error occured while opening the document". Thanks

Attachments

• SSA Verification.jpg
    SSA Verification.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 770

stgislander

PREMO Member
It is the SS Benefits Verification letter. The y want to know if you are already receiving SS benefits.

You can download it from the SSA website after creating an account.

Tman22

It is the SS Benefits Verification letter. The y want to know if you are already receiving SS benefits.

You can download it from the SSA website after creating an account.
Thank you soo much! I made a SS account and downloaded it and uploaded to unemployment. It doesn't say the action is completed but I suppose they need to review the document first. Do you have any idea why I can't open the correspondence from them? It pops up a new page and say error opening the document when I click on it in my account.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The Beacon site has been buggy since Day 1. Give it another day or two. I seem to remember that I had issues opening their correspondence for the first couple days. I didn't miss anything. It was just verification of stuff that I had already done and made copies of.

Good luck.

Tman22

The Beacon site has been buggy since Day 1. Give it another day or two. I seem to remember that I had issues opening their correspondence for the first couple days. I didn't miss anything. It was just verification of stuff that I had already done and made copies of.

Good luck.
Ok. I'll chill for a bit and see what happens. I tried 3 different browsers and still nothing. I sent them an email about it. Thanks

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Ok. I'll chill for a bit and see what happens. I tried 3 different browsers and still nothing. I sent them an email about it. Thanks
As SGI said - the site has been buggy since the day they rolled it out! I still have glitches with mine and action items that wouldn't close that I had done three weeks prior. Same with the mail correspondence. It looked like I hadn't read it but I had read it, opened it and closed it.

Tman22

I applied for benefits and submitted my SS benefits letter. It doesn't appear that they have touched my account. They haven't asked me for any more documents. Is there something I should be doing? Am I supposed to file weekly claim certifications before they process my initial claim? Or should I just be waiting?

Bann

PREMO Member
I applied for benefits and submitted my SS benefits letter. It doesn't appear that they have touched my account. They haven't asked me for any more documents. Is there something I should be doing? Am I supposed to file weekly claim certifications before they process my initial claim? Or should I just be waiting?
Definitely file weekly if the system allows you to do so :yay:

Tman22

Thanks. I'll try to file weekly claim this Sunday. Seems strange that I never even got an initial determination letter.
I just realized that there is no option to file a weekly claim on my account. It says no weeks available for this claim and no weekly claim button in the options section. Maybe I just need to wait until they review my initial application.

Bann

PREMO Member
Thanks. I'll try to file weekly claim this Sunday. Seems strange that I never even got an initial determination letter.

I guess the paperwork is still behind. Can you get through on the phone? Also, if you go to Facebook, MD Dept of Labor has a FB page and they post updates on that. You can read the comments to see if others have the same issues as you do. :yay:

Tman22

I guess the paperwork is still behind. Can you get through on the phone? Also, if you go to Facebook, MD Dept of Labor has a FB page and they post updates on that. You can read the comments to see if others have the same issues as you do. :yay:
The phone is just busy all the time. I did look at FB and it said something about receiving a Notice of First Benefit Payment Approval when it's approved. I sent them another email. I guess they will get to me when they get to me. I still can't open my correspondence within my account either. Thanks

awpitt

Main Streeter
Thank you soo much! I made a SS account and downloaded it and uploaded to unemployment. It doesn't say the action is completed but I suppose they need to review the document first. Do you have any idea why I can't open the correspondence from them? It pops up a new page and say error opening the document when I click on it in my account.

Do you have any pop-up blockers activated? If so, that might be preventing the correspondence from displaying properly.

Bann

PREMO Member
Do you have any pop-up blockers activated? If so, that might be preventing the correspondence from displaying properly.
That didn't help me. Their website sucks. :lol:
DOL prefers the Chrome browser, though. 👍

Tman22

So today I finally got a call back from MD unemployment who told me I need to email Beacon.support.maryland.gov to request an application to apply for Pandemic unemployment. He said that when I applied months ago that the PUA program wasn't ready yet but the application questions were about pandemic issues. I applied the first day Maryland said it was open to the self employed. Also funny that they never told me this in my account. I could have done this way back! Does this sound right? Has anyone been through this second application issue?

stgislander

PREMO Member
So today I finally got a call back from MD unemployment who told me I need to email Beacon.support.maryland.gov to request an application to apply for Pandemic unemployment. He said that when I applied months ago that the PUA program wasn't ready yet but the application questions were about pandemic issues. I applied the first day Maryland said it was open to the self employed. Also funny that they never told me this in my account. I could have done this way back! Does this sound right? Has anyone been through this second application issue?
My wife applied for PUA as a 1099 employee, and didn't have that issue. She applied within a day or two of it being opened.

Bann

PREMO Member
I didn't have that issue, as I wasn't self-employed, but as an employee, I applied right about or right before that benefit was announced and it was all retroactively included in the first week.

I would think that they should have streamlined this process by now. :rolleyes: I'm sure it's just as frustrating, if not more than it was for me, though. Good luck!