Meat Loaf

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I need a meat loaf recipe that won't leave the meat loaf dry. I've tried recipe's that call for milk, but they always fall apart.

Vince

Originally posted by mAlice
I need a meat loaf recipe that won't leave the meat loaf dry. I've tried recipe's that call for milk, but they always fall apart.
Grd Beef, Onion, egg 1 or 2 depending upon the amount of meat, crushed saltine crackers or bread crumbs, Believe it or not ketchup (adds a tang and moisture)and whatever seasonings, i.e. salt, pepper, etc. Put in a 375 degree oven for about 45 min. Cooking time varies with the amount of meat.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I use use real lean burger and no starchy filler.

Try ketchup, worstestchire, or mayo; and 1 egg (always) with some HOT peppers, onions, and seasoned salt.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've heard that if you put mayo in cake mix that it will make your cake moist, too. I never thought about using it in meat loaf. I decided to make it tonight.

K

Kizzy

:shrug: I just put a slit in the plastic and heat in the microwave for 9 minutes, then open the microwave, pull back the plastic coating, threw it away, shut the door and heat for an additional 4 minutes. Mr. Swanson is such a great cook.