Meat Vendors

W

W.Murrow

Would you buy meat and seafood from a guy driving an old pickup truck door to door in the neiughborhood?

C

CalvertNewbie

Would you buy meat and seafood from a guy driving an old pickup truck door to door in the neiughborhood?

I thought that was the strangest thing! When we first moved here, someone came here in an old beatup pickup with a freezer in the back full of steaks. I never heard of such a thing but figured it was a southern thing or something. I just told him I was vegan and he never came back. :killingme :lmao:

slotted

Thanks for getting that one :huggy: I think you are my new total favorite. Screw Mainman.

I thought something similar just seeing the title. All the salesmen probably hit the meat grinder before they go out on their runs.

W

W.Murrow

I thought that was the strangest thing! When we first moved here, someone came here in an old beatup pickup with a freezer in the back full of steaks. I never heard of such a thing but figured it was a southern thing or something. I just told him I was vegan and he never came back. :killingme :lmao:
I just told him the same vegatarian story. One look at me and anyone can see that I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy. He asked, Doesn't anyone in your house eat meat? I pointed to my barking dog. He left as quickly as he came.

C

CalvertNewbie

I just told him the same vegatarian story. One look at me and anyone can see that I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy. He asked, Doesn't anyone in your house eat meat? I pointed to my barking dog. He left as quickly as he came.

Hey, at least it worked and he took the "hint" and left. I guess he knew you weren't gonna buy meat from him to feed your dog! :lmao: I hate when people come to our house, trying to sell stuff or get us to change religious beliefs, etc.

Scary story here....Last fall, some surfer-dude-looking-guy knocked on our door, trying to sell some tools saying he needed money to pay rent. He gave me a sob story about how he was in process of moving back to somd and his family had disowned him. He was trying to get his life back on track and hoped he could make ammends with his parents. A few weeks later, I got the email from the Family Watchdog about recent offender moves - he was on the offender list, lives in southern calvert! The site showed that he had been convicted here, moved to VA, and just moved back. I no longer answer my door unless my hubby's home (or of course for UPS, fedex, etc). The bad thing is he seemed like such a nice guy and looked harmless, not like a rapist.

W

W.Murrow

Hey, at least it worked and he took the "hint" and left. I guess he knew you weren't gonna buy meat from him to feed your dog! :lmao: I hate when people come to our house, trying to sell stuff or get us to change religious beliefs, etc.

Scary story here....Last fall, some surfer-dude-looking-guy knocked on our door, trying to sell some tools saying he needed money to pay rent. He gave me a sob story about how he was in process of moving back to somd and his family had disowned him. He was trying to get his life back on track and hoped he could make ammends with his parents. A few weeks later, I got the email from the Family Watchdog about recent offender moves - he was on the offender list, lives in southern calvert! The site showed that he had been convicted here, moved to VA, and just moved back. I no longer answer my door unless my hubby's home (or of course for UPS, fedex, etc). The bad thing is he seemed like such a nice guy and looked harmless, not like a rapist.
That gives me cold chills. Dodged the bullet on that one. Lesson learned. You could put a sign out at the end of your driveway "NO VENDORS" but some silly person would read it as "NO GRINDERS".:lmao:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Is he still around? He won't come to my house anymore. :lmao:
They don't come to my house anymore either...last time they came, he sent some teenage chick to the door in a tight t-shirt. I answered the door, but when I saw the truck, I immediately slammed it in her face.

W

W.Murrow

Meat Vendor

Other than the Meat Man today the last salesman at my door was a young woman, very pretty very chatty selling magazine subscriptions so she could win $1,000 and a trip to Ireland. I suggested that she get a job, save her money and buy her own trip to Ireland and not to trust whoever was sponsoring her. She didn't get it and looked at me as if I had cob webs growing out of my ears.