Mechanics Help

Kinnakeet

I did ask him that question and he said the fuel pump was working.. I also read that if you unhook the neg bat cable for a few mins and then turn the ignition to "run" for a few mins (15 or so I think) to try to see if it kinda reset - if that worked and he said it didn't work.. he tried something about the bat cable and the horn? not sure what he did with that but maybe you all know what hes talking about with that ? but that didn't work either he said.
If you take off the negative cable nothing will work if you turn on the key it still sounds like the ECM to me

Reactions: JLS

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

black dog

Free America
Really? I'm asking legitimate questions as I'm not a mechanic. If you have nothing to help or contribute please don't waste either of our time.

Yep Really, you post on the internet that you have a no start auto, you all have zero diagnoses skills nor tools to diagnose and are replacing parts at a wim, and you think folks are not to to poke you?

JLS

Who said we didn't have the tools? Believe me, hubs has enough tools to replace Lowes, I'm not the one pulling the parts out of the car and no I am no mechanic. Has he worked on cars before - yes he has - older ones more so without all the electronic stuff in the newer ones as much which is why I went here in the HOPES that someone may have some insight and be nice enough to give some suggestions and helpful answers not some smart ass sitting behind a computer trying to "poke" someone for asking human beings for helpful tips. this is why people have stopped coming to forums because GOD FORBID someone actually try to help their fellow man. Thank you all very much to the real people who did give me help and suggestions, despite what this may sound like - I truly do appreciate all the helpful tips and insight - honestly.

Yep Really, you post on the internet that you have a no start auto, you all have zero diagnoses skills nor tools to diagnose and are replacing parts at a wim, and you think folks are not to to poke you?

View attachment 159613

black dog

Free America
Who said we didn't have the tools? Believe me, hubs has enough tools to replace Lowes, I'm not the one pulling the parts out of the car and no I am no mechanic. Has he worked on cars before - yes he has - older ones more so without all the electronic stuff in the newer ones as much which is why I went here in the HOPES that someone may have some insight and be nice enough to give some suggestions and helpful answers not some smart ass sitting behind a computer trying to "poke" someone for asking human beings for helpful tips. this is why people have stopped coming to forums because GOD FORBID someone actually try to help their fellow man. Thank you all very much to the real people who did give me help and suggestions, despite what this may sound like - I truly do appreciate all the helpful tips and insight - honestly.

You were told upthread of what was needed, correct tools and some skills.

If he had the correct tools one can normally and quickly diagnose one of the three things that are needed to make a combustion engine run. When one just randomly selects parts and replaces then without correctly diagnosing the problem, they are just tossing money away because of a lack of needed diagnostic skills and needed tools.Along with telling everyone you dont know what you're doing. No one is going to waste time with the problem you have.
Of you said hey we have this 2010 5 liter GT and it has no spark or no fuel at the fuel rail, folks here would bend over to help you, and maybe even rolled over to help.
Good Luck.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Really? I'm asking legitimate questions as I'm not a mechanic. If you have nothing to help or contribute please don't waste either of our time.
I did offer my help. It's abundantly clear he is in way over his head. I suggested you take it to a real mechanic.

Waste your time? I'm sorry you did not see the humor in this, but he's thrown time and money in attempts to repair this with no success. If that's not wasting time, not sure what is...

I've deleted my humorous post and won't bother you here again.

Kinnakeet

My 2008 Malibu did the same thing and it was the EMC I did everything I could,then took it to Waldorf Chevy they called back in 20 minutes and told me it was the ECM they replaced it and I got it back the next day