Media encourages biden* to end lockdowns

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Anyone not see this coming?

Glad we don't have to follow the science any longer.

Joe Biden should use the power of his office to encourage governors to end strict lockdowns in their states. A new peer-reviewed international scientific study found that countries that imposed drastic lockdown measures have fared no better in controlling COVID-19 than countries that have used common-sense measures like social distancing and protecting the most vulnerable, at-risk population groups.

But lockdowns have destroyed small businesses, increased suicide rates, and left the country in a climate of depression and hopelessness. Even lockdown enthusiast Gov. Andrew Cuomo has finally realized that New York must ease its restrictions soon or they “will have nothing left to open.”

That was quick

Hijinx

Let's see what the big dummy says. He has pretty much committed himself to the first one hundred days.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The thing here is the fact that reports like this have been coming out for at least 4 months.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yay! Joe Biden cured Covid!! :getdown:
The world is sooo...much brighter.
Cancer is next
Climate change will end along with hurricanes and wild fires
The Middle East will have everlasting peace
The Chinese will become nice to the rest of the world
Iran will stop wanting to drop a nuke on Israel,
Etc, Etc,

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The world is sooo...much brighter.
Cancer is next
Climate change will end along with hurricanes and wild fires
The Middle East will have everlasting peace
The Chinese will become nice to the rest of the world
Iran will stop wanting to drop a nuke on Israel,
Etc, Etc,

Maryland has Rx Weed now, I see.

SkylarkTempest

care to be specific? Please spell out the facts that are not being taken into account.

I am genuinely curious what facts you think are not addressed in this thread

My comment referred to the forum in general, but in this thread, post #4. Studies showing lockdowns aren't particularly effective have been released prior to Biden's inauguration and election. It took me all of 10 seconds to find one published back in July.

This undermines the narrative that the science will suddenly change now that a Democrat is in the White House, therefore it won't exist, won't be addressed, and won't be incorporated into some of the members' worldview.

I'd have to look through other threads to cite the bevy of examples, but off the top of my head I'd say the FACT that there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud. The election was never going to be overturned. The "Kraken" was never going to be released.

herb749

My comment referred to the forum in general, but in this thread, post #4. Studies showing lockdowns aren't particularly effective have been released prior to Biden's inauguration and election. It took me all of 10 seconds to find one published back in July.

This undermines the narrative that the science will suddenly change now that a Democrat is in the White House, therefore it won't exist, won't be addressed, and won't be incorporated into some of the members' worldview.

I'd have to look through other threads to cite the bevy of examples, but off the top of my head I'd say the FACT that there is no evidence of widespread voter fraud. The election was never going to be overturned. The "Kraken" was never going to be released.

If you don't like the forum, why are you still here .? Wouldn't Twitter be more to your liking

SkylarkTempest

If you don't like the forum, why are you still here .? Wouldn't Twitter be more to your liking

On the contrary, I find this forum highly entertaining. It also provides an interesting window into a world of thought I wouldn't otherwise be exposed to. All the conservatives I'm friends with are grounded in reality and value civil discourse. They don't understand the paranoid, conspiratorial, anti-government denizens of Trumpistan any more than I do, but observing their thought process and reactions has helped me conceptualize their internal logic and motivation behind their rationalizations. I didn't fully grasp their willingness to disregard and cherry pick facts, move the goal post, and shamelessly refuse to acknowledge blatant hypocrisy.

Even if I didn't like this forum, why would I ever want to engage with Twitter? That space is just the left-wing equivalent of the brand of reactionary, emotional irrationality one can easily find on any random SOMD forum thread. But I don't need to educate myself in left-wing craziness. I understand the psychology and errors in thinking on that side of crazy. Actually, the most surprising thing I've learned here is how both sides use the same rhetorical tactics and have similar emotional responses.

SamSpade

Here's the thing about lockdowns. The "science" is in - they don't work. In fact, by keeping people indoors with each other, it actually helps spread the virus faster.

But this has also been KNOWN - for months. Data and observations have been there for coming up to a year. As early as last spring, it was observed that around two thirds of the cases in NYC came from - people BEING INDOORS and sequestering themselves.

It's also been observed in nations where they chose NOT to do it.

It's also been the case in states where governors - usually Republicans - chose not to pursue it. It's been observed in cases where governors - usually Democrats - chose to implement them IN SPITE of the evidence and made it worse. In those cases, the government leadership cited "the science".

(This is one of the reasons I don't value it much when a political leader cites "the science" without attempting to explain why. Yeah, they might be able to trot out a lackey who will just be a dummy with the governor's hand up his butt saying what they want to say - but if they can't explain it themselves, I don't think they have any grasp on what is happening).

"The science" this past year always seems to point to whatever some draconian measure someone wants to make - until they don't want to make it.
___

So? Why should anyone care? So it's something everybody - well everyone except persons WANTING to execute lockdowns - knows. Except SUDDENLY these erstwhile dictators have "learned" the science and in the current environment - will be hailed as brilliant leaders, saviors of the republic. It only took a few thousand otherwise avoidable deaths in the meantime.

Sadly - they will be praised by their supporters for fixing a problem they created and made worse.

Hijinx

The same could be said for the masks. They don't work.
The National Guards at the capitol can prove that they all wore masks and now they are going home with Covid.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP