MEDSTAR Rant

PeoplesElbow

I get notice from MEDSTAR that they do not have my moms insurance info and I start getting bills that the insurance has not paid on them.

She has so many bills I keep them in a binder organized by provider and date. Just one month earlier one of her bills has the adjustment on it from where they charged her insurance.

What the hell MEDSTAR, do better!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Luckily, the troubles I've had with their billing department have been much less severe.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
IDK why the healthcare providers in Southern Maryland have so much trouble with billing insurance companies. I've had the same healthcare provider for over 5 years and filled out their forms that specifically ask you if your insurance has changed. Yes it's changed and on my first visit to your office I filled out 29 pages of information that included everything you need to bill my provider and get paid.

Then the threatening reminders started appearing in the mail. They were attempting to collect from the provider I had 7 years ago. Apparently, nobody did anything with the 29 page report I filled out on my first visit. When I called to straighten them out, I got what sounded like a high school kid with a middle eastern accent so heavy that I had to get him to repeat just about everything he said. Finally I made a call to my insurance company and spoke with a young lady with a heavy Asian accent. She took my info and left a voice message the next day telling me she had everything straightened out. Thank God for small miracles (and Asians).

PeoplesElbow

IDK why the healthcare providers in Southern Maryland have so much trouble with billing insurance companies. I've had the same healthcare provider for over 5 years and filled out their forms that specifically ask you if your insurance has changed. Yes it's changed and on my first visit to your office I filled out 29 pages of information that included everything you need to bill my provider and get paid.

Then the threatening reminders started appearing in the mail. They were attempting to collect from the provider I had 7 years ago. Apparently, nobody did anything with the 29 page report I filled out on my first visit. When I called to straighten them out, I got what sounded like a high school kid with a middle eastern accent so heavy that I had to get him to repeat just about everything he said. Finally I made a call to my insurance company and spoke with a young lady with a heavy Asian accent. She took my info and left a voice message the next day telling me she had everything straightened out. Thank God for small miracles (and Asians).
I had soemthing similar happen, went to LabCorp to get blood drawn, they ask for my card I give it to them. Get a statement in the mail from my old insurance company saying "hey we dont insure you no more, wtf" I tried calling but didnt know who the hell to talk to so I went down there and the woman tells me, that it couldnt possibly be because they dont save that info and enter it every time you go there. I showed her the statement from my old insurance and she still didn't believe me and told me that I must have gave her my old card. Was about ready to choke a bitch.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My current Physician was also the Physician for other members of family for the last 40 years And he’s due to retire soon. Older family members and been treated by his father in the 70s, who was also a GP down here.

Not looking forward to finding a new doctor one day soon.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Last year I received a past due bill from the Bean Building. From 2004. When I was still on my then husbands insurance. WTF!?! I told them I had changed insurance, twice, since then. I still haven't heard anything back.