Meet & Greet August 7th Someplace

SailorGirl

August 7th is a tentative date actually - can be switched if need be. The Ruddy Duck, Kingfishers, the Pier, and I cant think of the name of the place on Clark's Landing Road were all suggestions on where to go. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they'll take reservations for outside tables since the consensus was everyone (but me) wanted to be outside.

Let me know if the date works for you and what your preference is location wise. I'll get back sporadically - internet is out until Friday at my house. @BernieP, @luvmygdaughters, @dan0623_2000, @mitzi, Bann, FF, Greg, Gilligan, OTR, and UB - bring your wife love to see you all out there.

Last edited:

SailorGirl

Has their food gotten any better?
Stoneys? I went there six months or so ago and the crab cake was delicious - but that's all I got. I looked at Bugs Eye Grill - their menu looks amazing. Dress is casual elegance. WTH is casual elegance?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Stoneys? I went there six months or so ago and the crab cake was delicious - but that's all I got. I looked at Bugs Eye Grill - their menu looks amazing. Dress is casual elegance. WTH is casual elegance?
No, the Pier.

Don't wear jeans with your ass cheeks hanging out. 😂

BernieP

Resident PIA
Maybe they mean business casual.
Not sure they have the room.
How about RD aka Evans in Piney Point?
I think they have a fairly large deck?

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think the deck is on the small side. They do have a big tent up between the hotel and restaurant that could hold a large group.
When you say "small side", is that outside the bar?
Covering the deck on the hotel side was probably a good move, now all weather (more or less).
I don't know how the Pier is setup inside. The dinning room was mostly booths and the bar area (inside) had high top tables that sat maybe 6.
Outside seating is very limited, on the deck and in the bar as they are trying to allow for social distancing. (aka not get shut down).
Nothing against Bugeye, food is great, but I don't think they have the room for even a group of 6 given the space.
I keep thinking OUTSIDE - Lighthouse?

Where did they seat the crew at Ruddy Duck? Inside or out?