Meet & Greet August 7th Someplace

SailorGirl

So I think it's down to Ruddy Duck Solomons and you can make reservations for outside tables and they are having music on August 7th OR Kingfishers which is first come first serve - no music that night OR Stoneys in Hollywood - they haven't answered the phone so far. What do y'all think? We should probably firm up by Monday so I can make reservations.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Speaking of Ahi Tuna, did anyone else watch last night's episode of Deadliest Catch Bloodlines? I watched until 11pm and was too tired to watch the last hour. I really admire Josh Harris for carrying on his Dad's legacy.
last night
thought that was last year

So SG looks like a genius for procrastinating on picking a spot.
She wants to see what's still standing after the little TS passes by.

SailorGirl

It's First Friday in Leonardtown.
Everything looks so iffy right now. They're predicting sun/clouds/rain/thunder for the next 14 days. And everyone wants to be outside. I need some input from everyone. Have you every done one of the First Fridays? I have no idea what they're all about.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Everything looks so iffy right now. They're predicting sun/clouds/rain/thunder for the next 14 days. And everyone wants to be outside. I need some input from everyone. Have you every done one of the First Fridays? I have no idea what they're all about.
GrovveSpan was supposed to play at Antoinette's and twice they were rescheduled because of weather.
Weather is story number , what 3, or 4.

SailorGirl

Looks like this is going to be a no go this Friday everyone with apologies. With the new restrictions, consensus was to be outside and the weather looks bad for the next two weeks so...regretfully. Maybe look for the last two weeks in August instead? Days will be getting shorter then - we can catch the sunset on the water. Some of the suggestions have been Ruddy Duck again, Stoneys in Hollywood (great view), Kingfishers, Bug Eye Grill. For those looking for a field trip - Quades, Ruddy Duck on Saint Gilligan's Island, Chiefs, and Sunset Cove (great view there as well). And there'll be a new restaurant opening up where Schiebles used to be in September.

I was thinking if anyone wants to get together in the middle of the week or for brunch on a weekend- that might be an easy get together as well. Again apologies for the cancellation.

Last edited:

GregV814

The next event should be modified "in these difficult, uncertain times".

You cant possibly plan a normal function of normal folks having a good time.

Follow the script.

There must be an objective that touches the strings of the lefts heart. It must be noble, intolerant of anyone questioning it and amplifying a cause.
Here's an idea: The Bay and Patuxent are not as pristine as it was 50-100-1000 years ago. We stuffy white shirt "9-5" white supremacists with our carbon footprint boats have ruined it!!!, The remaining tribal descendants of the once proud Patuxent native Indians cry over the sight of a Styrofoam cup bobbing in the wakes of yachts powered by diesel engines with ugly white men!!
I think a disorganized protest, with gay pride flags, old folks wearing Chinese made T shirts with sillyazz logos like "reparations to the indigenous" and FREE Chief RUNAMUCK would allow protestors to form WITHOUT SOCIAL DISTANCING OR MASKS TO CONGREGATE, unabridged and eat drink and be happy!!! Hell, The Baynet and Marty Madden may show up.

SailorGirl

The next event should be modified "in these difficult, uncertain times".

You cant possibly plan a normal function of normal folks having a good time.

Follow the script.

There must be an objective that touches the strings of the lefts heart. It must be noble, intolerant of anyone questioning it and amplifying a cause.
Here's an idea: The Bay and Patuxent are not as pristine as it was 50-100-1000 years ago. We stuffy white shirt "9-5" white supremacists with our carbon footprint boats have ruined it!!!, The remaining tribal descendants of the once proud Patuxent native Indians cry over the sight of a Styrofoam cup bobbing in the wakes of yachts powered by diesel engines with ugly white men!!
I think a disorganized protest, with gay pride flags, old folks wearing Chinese made T shirts with sillyazz logos like "reparations to the indigenous" and FREE Chief RUNAMUCK would allow protestors to form WITHOUT SOCIAL DISTANCING OR MASKS TO CONGREGATE, unabridged and eat drink and be happy!!! Hell, The Baynet and Marty Madden may show up.
Got your crazy on early today 'eh? :razz:

GregV814

In a post mortem reflection, I look back on what "could have been". No M & G, no comradery , no sharing of ultra cerebral inclusive exchange, no armpit farts, no steak and cheesy sandwiches disguised as a "French dip"... Hawaiian shirts, cute Capri pants, Ray Bans, face masks, hand sanitizers...

Didn't happen...like not getting your scoop of ice cream topped with sprinkles...perhaps, later...

SailorGirl

In a post mortem reflection, I look back on what "could have been". No M & G, no comradery , no sharing of ultra cerebral inclusive exchange, no armpit farts, no steak and cheesy sandwiches disguised as a "French dip"... Hawaiian shirts, cute Capri pants, Ray Bans, face masks, hand sanitizers...

Didn't happen...like not getting your scoop of ice cream topped with sprinkles...perhaps, later...
Is that what they called what you ate? Looked like a steak and cheese sub to me. Yeah we need to organize another one before they impose more restrictions.