Meet & Greet September 18th

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Any interest in having a Meet & Greet this Friday in the Solomons area? Maybe 5 or 6-ish? There could be live music at one of several venues. I was looking up the usual places and didn't see anything posted, yet.

Just posting it out here and seeing if there's any interest! :cheers:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Any interest in having a Meet & Greet this Friday in the Solomons area? Maybe 5 or 6-ish? There could be live music at one of several venues. I was looking up the usual places and didn't see anything posted, yet.

Phillip Michael Parsons is at the Tiki Bar this Friday.
If the weather cooperates.
Not looking good, again, for the Amish Outlaws tonight 9/17.

BernieP

Resident PIA

@SailorGirl

BernieP

Resident PIA

Last Friday had music at several places, sorry I fluffed up on it/.
Taphouse had a group and Phillip Micheal Parsons was at the Tiki Bar.

Maybe we can get an auto update on live music in this forum instead of quilting bees.

Sorry if I missed last Friday

I will see what's on tap for this weekend if people are interested.
I just have to get the links from my Facebook feed.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think that was last Friday - I was at my SIL's memorial services that day. I was thinking though maybe something M&G October fest theme related, German beer, maybe a little wiener schnitzel, Germanic sausages, lebkutchen, something along those lines. Mid October maybe...
That sounds like Old Stein Inn up in Mayo?

I still want to hit Pier 450 before it gets too cold to sit outside.

BernieP

Resident PIA
oops - just looked Mayo up. That's a hike. It doesn't have to be a Octoberfest per se - we could just drink German beer and eat hot dog shaped items, and sing German beer songs. Let me think it through and see what I can come up with and a good date/time in October. Gotta go frolic now!
Turns out the Duck is doing an Oktoberfest.

frequentflier

happy to be living
That sounds like Old Stein Inn up in Mayo?

I still want to hit Pier 450 before it gets too cold to sit outside.

We had a M&G at the Old Stein Inn many years ago. People kept showing up! Bann or Vrai may remember better than I however I think we had maybe 20+ people total.
To me, the food was ok, just ok. When it came to the check, they totaled us all together despite people showing up after most had been there awhile and I think we asked for separate checks. When asked, the manager refused to give us a calculator to try to figure out the individual charges and totals and was a total a$$hole.
I would NEVER go back to that place.

Bann

PREMO Member
We had a M&G at the Old Stein Inn many years ago. People kept showing up! Bann or Vrai may remember better than I however I think we had maybe 20+ people total.
To me, the food was ok, just ok. When it came to the check, they totaled us all together despite people showing up after most had been there awhile and I think we asked for separate checks. When asked, the manager refused to give us a calculator to try to figure out the individual charges and totals and was a total a$$hole.
I would NEVER go back to that place.
They were very unaccommodating for the VERY large group that we were- and we spent a LOT of money there, so I'm prettty lukewarm on Old Stein Inn.

Besides, I'm not a huge fan of really heavy foods and they have a lot of that. I like the bratwurst and sauerkraut, or pork roast, mashed potatoes and sauerkraut as much as the next person, but I could make that myself and it's pretty damn good. :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
We really should try and go. Beautiful weather for it and the food reviews are outstanding.
Friday night is good for me! I have a couple of Saturdays that are taken in the next couple of weeks.

Thing1 is in FL at his dad's for 6 weeks so I am empty nesting! :yahoo:

Bann

PREMO Member
I can't this weekend. Leaving for Baltimore on Thursday for a gang reunion. Should be very interesting - haven't seen these people in over twenty years.
Enjoy!!! That should be fun!!

**I should have clarified - A Friday is better for me. Not necessarily THIS Friday. :biggrin: