Meet & Greet September 18th

BernieP

Resident PIA
I am tired of waiting. My grumpy ass is going to PIer450 now, even if the weather isn't perfect.
By the time anyone makes a decision it will be snowing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Ditch Running Hare
Welp, I didn't ditch Running Hare - it was a blast! :yahoo:

As tribute bands go, this is one of the best I've seen. It's one thing to try and sing like a famous artist, but getting a performer's mannerisms and his particular dance style down is another entirely. This band provides just an overall fabulous evening of entertainment. Running Hare only charged $35 a ticket, with options: bring your own chairs and or blankets (or stay in your vehicle) bring your own food or buy it there. (alcohol for sale only, but that's typical)

Bonus - we got to dance & dance & dance! :getdown:

:dye:

BernieP

Resident PIA
How was it?
I was not disappointed
I posted several pictures on Facebook and commented on my experience.
Unfortunately, the pictures are too large to post here.
One thing made me sad.
The fire pits on the beach, I thought how romantic it would be to cuddle up on the beach, next to a fire with someone special.
I was told that I might want to consider cutting off the flow of blood to my boy parts to get those thoughts out of my mind.
"Don't think about things that will never happen" was the encouragement.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Welp, I didn't ditch Running Hare - it was a blast! :yahoo:

As tribute bands go, this is one of the best I've seen. It's one thing to try and sing like a famous artist, but getting a performer's mannerisms and his particular dance style down is another entirely. This band provides just an overall fabulous evening of entertainment. Running Hare only charged $35 a ticket, with options: bring your own chairs and or blankets (or stay in your vehicle) bring your own food or buy it there. (alcohol for sale only, but that's typical)

Bonus - we got to dance & dance & dance! :getdown:

:dye:
Happy you had a great time, but this is why I can't get a group together either.
Always something else going on.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It is called life.
yep
But after the feedback, the unsolicited advice and commentary', I am not leaving my apartment except to go to work.
Other than the well intentioned cut off your balls and penis, I received several messages from a person who shall go unnamed that used some very colorful language to describe what a deplorable example of humanity I was, and wishing me all the misery in hell I could enjoy

Louise

yep
But after the feedback, the unsolicited advice and commentary', I am not leaving my apartment except to go to work.
Other than the well intentioned cut off your balls and penis, I received several messages from a person who shall go unnamed that used some very colorful language to describe what a deplorable example of humanity I was, and wishing me all the misery in hell I could enjoy

Yikes! Who was it? Do tell.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yikes! Who was it? Do tell.
Nobody here, but several friends said to give up the idea of any intimate relationships, one suggested medical remediation,
The nasty commentary came form the ex, she seconded the castration proposal, but to ensure I didn't procreate.
She made it clear I was not material for any relationship with another human being, let alone a romantic one with a woman.
I was a "pity ****".

Louise

Nobody here, but several friends said to give up the idea of any intimate relationships, one suggested medical remediation,
The nasty commentary came form the ex, she seconded the castration proposal, but to ensure I didn't procreate.
She made it clear I was not material for any relationship with another human being, let alone a romantic one with a woman.
I was a "pity ****".

I don’t get that at all from your posts over my time here. I agree with you more often than not. Some cray cray going on. Hang in there. :)

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Happy you had a great time, but this is why I can't get a group together either.
Always something else going on.
I've found you just need to throw a time and place out there. You'll never find something that works for everyone.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was not disappointed
I posted several pictures on Facebook and commented on my experience.
Unfortunately, the pictures are too large to post here.
One thing made me sad.
The fire pits on the beach, I thought how romantic it would be to cuddle up on the beach, next to a fire with someone special.
I was told that I might want to consider cutting off the flow of blood to my boy parts to get those thoughts out of my mind.
"Don't think about things that will never happen" was the encouragement.

Not sure how old you are, and I'm not asking - but that's BS. That's a cynical view of life and a very unhealthy one, at that. People who are not cheering for you and your life - are not your people - find new ones. Your true FRIENDS will stick by you. Trust.me.on.this.

Maya Angelou has a wonderful quote that I have in my favorite FB quotes and posted at my house. I've always loved it.

2020 was a horrendous year for me in more ways than one. Let's just say that I trusted my true friends, picked myself up, dusted off, re-grouped and got myself back out there. At 61 years old. (y)