Meet Jethro, and Help Out if you want~

Hello6

Princess of Mean
ihasproblems.jpg

This is Jethro. He and his brother Rufus and Kaylee are part of Gulf Coast Dachshund Rescue. They were rescued at 3 weeks with their mom, and I got to foster them when they were five weeks old.
Mississippi4006-8.jpg

Rufus and Kaylee are pretty normal, as far as ignorant breeding of double dapple puppies goes. But Jethro is not.
Mississippi4033-3.jpg

He's got a dome shaped head for one thing, and that has contributed to the snotty sinus sounding breathing he has. After 3 weeks of being treated with antibiotics, the rattle wasn't clearing up. My vet, who is made of Awesome, sedated him and discovered the little dude has tonsillitis! His tonsils are 5x larger than normal. He needs surgery to remove them.
If you feel inclined to help out a little round headed weener, please donate to GCDR Click on the paypal link

Why should you HALP a little ween down in Southern Mississippi? Well, he is being fostered with Buddy, a former SMIB, and 1 SMIB kitty... Even if it's just a prayer for his surgery to go well or 5 bucks, every little bit will help him. And because his story isn't sad enough, we also were able to rescue the Mom. The humane society spayed her and gave her heartworm treatment on the same day, and the very next morning, her rescuer found her dead in her kennel.

J

jaybeeztoo

ihasproblems.jpg

This is Jethro. He and his brother Rufus and Kaylee are part of Gulf Coast Dachshund Rescue. They were rescued at 3 weeks with their mom, and I got to foster them when they were five weeks old.
Mississippi4006-8.jpg

Rufus and Kaylee are pretty normal, as far as ignorant breeding of double dapple puppies goes. But Jethro is not.
Mississippi4033-3.jpg

He's got a dome shaped head for one thing, and that has contributed to the snotty sinus sounding breathing he has. After 3 weeks of being treated with antibiotics, the rattle wasn't clearing up. My vet, who is made of Awesome, sedated him and discovered the little dude has tonsillitis! His tonsils are 5x larger than normal. He needs surgery to remove them.
If you feel inclined to help out a little round headed weener, please donate to GCDR Click on the paypal link

Why should you HALP a little ween down in Southern Mississippi? Well, he is being fostered with Buddy, a former SMIB, and 1 SMIB kitty... Even if it's just a prayer for his surgery to go well or 5 bucks, every little bit will help him. And because his story isn't sad enough, we also were able to rescue the Mom. The humane society spayed her and gave her heartworm treatment on the same day, and the very next morning, her rescuer found her dead in her kennel.

:bawl:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
We don't know what caused the mom to pass away in the night. She was fine at 4 am and then at 6 her rescuer found her dead, eyes closed and curled up in her kennel. It was the saddest thing. The rescuer had JUST lost her own 12 year GSD to cancer that Sunday, and then Wednesday morning she lost the momma, Martini after fighting for weeks to get her into our rescue. Martini had lost one puppy before I got the trio, and someone posted that Trooper (the GSD) was at the Bridge with her puppy to meet her that Wednesday morning.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
We don't know what caused the mom to pass away in the night. She was fine at 4 am and then at 6 her rescuer found her dead, eyes closed and curled up in her kennel. It was the saddest thing. The rescuer had JUST lost her own 12 year GSD to cancer that Sunday, and then Wednesday morning she lost the momma, Martini after fighting for weeks to get her into our rescue. Martini had lost one puppy before I got the trio, and someone posted that Trooper (the GSD) was at the Bridge with her puppy to meet her that Wednesday morning.

:bawl: I hope the pups find good homes. They are certainly cuties!

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Rufus is going to a home with a sweet basset hound brother and 2 human sisters, and the dad's girl friend is a vet. Pretty awesome if you ask me. And Kaylee is going home with one of the vet tech's from my vet's office.
Jethro....well, Jethro has to have his surgery and looks a little tar tar, so we'll have to find a special home for him. One that caters to misfits, jerks, a-holes and retards.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Rufus is going to a home with a sweet basset hound brother and 2 human sisters, and the dad's girl friend is a vet. Pretty awesome if you ask me. And Kaylee is going home with one of the vet tech's from my vet's office.
Jethro....well, Jethro has to have his surgery and looks a little tar tar, so we'll have to find a special home for him. One that caters to misfits, jerks, a-holes and retards.

I have a double dapple Ray Ray..she is blind (NO eyes) and deaf..she is so smart and lovable..great dog..I will pay pal you a few bucks..

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Yeah, the newsletter was AWESOME. The founder of the group is too. I'm proud to be a part of GCDR.

Jethro got his tonsils out, and the vet found a larger hole in his soft palate. Tried his best to close it, but the space to work in was so small and his little lungs and sinuses were so filled with gunk, he could only get a few stitches in and hope for the best. It held for a day or 2, but the little bugger was "nyark"ing at one of the big dogs and I think it popped and the hole is open again because he's as rattly as ever. Probably will cost 3K to get it fixed when he's bigger.
But for now, he's happy and just as puppy retarded as ever. I turned down an application for him because they lived in a trailer.
Anyway, thanks to all who donated, we've still got a ways to go.

Last edited:

tiltedangel

Yeah, the newsletter was AWESOME. The founder of the group is too. I'm proud to be a part of GCDR.

Jethro got his tonsils out, and the vet found a larger hole in his soft palate. Tried his best to close it, but the space to work in was so small and his little lungs and sinuses were so filled with gunk, he could only get a few stitches in and hope for the best. It held for a day or 2, but the little bugger was "nyark"ing at one of the big dogs and I think it popped and the hole is open again because he's as rattly as ever. Probably will cost 3K to get it fixed when he's bigger.
But for now, he's happy and just as puppy retarded as ever. I turned down an application for him because they lived in a trailer.
Anyway, thanks to all who donated, we've still got a ways to go.

"because they live in a trailer" care to explain....i live in a trailer and have animals ...they are well taken care of and happy...the even get to go outside! imagine that! and some trailers have huge yards....so what is the deal with a trailer....i love my trailer! it is home! my animals may even be happier because i don't have a huge mortgage...so i would think that if someone lived in a house they would be turned down....to many bills....

Hello6

Princess of Mean
"because they live in a trailer" care to explain....i live in a trailer and have animals ...they are well taken care of and happy...the even get to go outside! imagine that! and some trailers have huge yards....so what is the deal with a trailer....i love my trailer! it is home! my animals may even be happier because i don't have a huge mortgage...so i would think that if someone lived in a house they would be turned down....to many bills....

They live in a trailer in a hurricane prone location. They have an "invisible" fence. This is a dog requiring throat sensitivity, not electric shocks. I stand by my trailer snobbery. They don't call it "house trash" It's called "TRAILER TRASH" for a reason. Perhaps she was a lovely person, but not right for Jethro

And does living in a trailer have anything to do with poor punctuation, no capitalization and bad spelling? I can see that yes, you DO fit the profile I've made up in my head of trailer trash. Now go listen to your neighbors fight for fun and let the adults talk now, like a good little trailer dweller, slightly educated version of Tigger that you are.

Last edited:

tiltedangel

They live in a trailer in a hurricane prone location. They have an "invisible" fence. This is a dog requiring throat sensitivity, not electric shocks. I stand by my trailer snobbery. They don't call it "house trash" It's called "TRAILER TRASH" for a reason. Perhaps she was a lovely person, but not right for Jethro

And does living in a trailer have anything to do with poor punctuation, no capitalization and bad spelling? I can see that yes, you DO fit the profile I've made up in my head of trailer trash. Now go listen to your neighbors fight for fun and let the adults talk now, like a good little trailer dweller, slightly educated version of Tigger that you are.

poor punctuation is my choice while responding to messages...why is correct punctuation needed...oooh sorry forgot the ? ....and i am so proud to live in my trailer...i moved from a huge apartment in virginia in an upscale community to live here in this cute little trailer...rather than a big expensive house for show...at least when people come to my house they know what i am about rather than thinking i am something i am not...and i don't mispell words unless it is a typo....but there is no need to go further... with someone of your stature....have a wonderful christmas in your big house with your big mortgage......

but on the subject at hand i hope that the puppy heals well and finds a loving home no matter where the people live...all animals deserve to be treated like they were family....

sincerely........proud to be trailer park trash!!!!!!!!!!