Meet the Folks Planning to Ruin Your Commute on September 23

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The road-blocking exercise was a sliver of what the group, which operated under the name Shut Down DC, hopes to accomplish in DC on September 23. The activists, according to their press release, have vowed to “bring traffic and business as usual to a standstill” by “seizing key intersections” in the name of climate change awareness.

Time to fire up that 2nd car or truck!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Stolen from WMAL :)

• how much more fossil fuel will be used from vehicles idling in stalled traffic?
  • how many more vehicles will be added to the roads to get the protesters there?
  • what exactly do they hope to accomplish, it's not like the US government has control over the weather and natural events?

My suggestions would be as follows
Take your protests to places that pollute the environment, China, Russia, India, Africa, South America.....
How much energy did you use today?
How many pollutants are you responsible for releasing into the environment?
Nothing comes without cost, physics, you can't create energy from nothing. Natural law, for every action there is a reaction, solar cells are made with highly toxic agents (Ga), arsenic, etc.
Nuclear and fossil fueled fired plants push steam into the atmosphere and some release (clean) warm water into streams and rivers.
You don't want nuclear, fossil fuel or hydro electric power because of the ecological impact, You think wind and solar are free, don't have an environmental impact?

As the saying goes, he who lives in glass houses should not throw stones.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Nothing comes without cost, physics, you can't create energy from nothing. Natural law, for every action there is a reaction, solar cells are made with highly toxic agents (Ga), arsenic, etc.

And the anger is phenomenal, and the level of ignorance and rejection of reality, when you point out to them just how much dirtier their "Clean Electric Car" was to manufacture.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Hopefully a few of them will be struck and hurtled into a high arc for the news cameras!

Hijinx

First we need arrests. Then we need more than a slap on the hand.
How about a $5,000 dollar fine, instead of being turned loose on their own recognizance.
Have buses waiting to cart them off and an enclosure big enough to hold them all.
Lock them up and haul them to old Kennedy stadium.
Start using the law instead of allowing this BS to go on and they will find a better place for their Demonstration.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Gretel speaking before the UN in indignation says she should be home, across the ocean....
Which reminded me, just how has Gretel been getting around, row boat, bike, walk, swim?
I mean she wouldn't fly in a plane or use a car?

Hijinx

Gretel is the product of a liberal, envirowacko education.
Everything she said came right out of the mouth of some nut job teacher she had.
She didn't think up all of that crap on her own.
She has been frightened by some adult or adults who have been feeding her a line of sh*t for years.
Whoever her teachers are, they are guilty of child abuse.

Reactions: BOP

Toxick

Splat
Gretel speaking before the UN in indignation says she should be home, across the ocean....
Which reminded me, just how has Gretel been getting around, row boat, bike, walk, swim?

Does she remind anyone else of Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
She borrowed a yacht to come to the US.