Meet the New WH Press Secretary 2 DUI convictions, Plagiarism, falsifying travel reports

Sapidus

Well folks Trump keeps hiring nothing but the best and brightest people.

I dont know whats worse the fact that she will probably make zero public statements or the fact that she will earn hundreds of thousands of dollars of our money doing it

" including a job with the AAA auto club in Arizona, which hired her in late 2006. Ms. Grisham was gone within about a year. A former AAA employee with direct knowledge of the matter said Ms. Grisham left after accusations that she filed false claims for travel and other expenses. A spokeswoman for AAA Arizona declined to discuss personnel matters.
Ms. Grisham lost a subsequent job after an accusation of plagiarism. She had gone to work for an advertising agency in Arizona whose clients included a start-up called GarageFly, an online service that helps car owners find auto repair shops. While making a presentation to the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, GarageFly’s founder showed off his website. In an interview, he said he was quickly informed by a furious attendee from AAA that the website included material lifted verbatim from AAA.
Grisham also has two DUI convictions, the first in 2013 and the second in 2015 after she began working for Trump."

gemma_rae

Well folks Trump keeps hiring nothing but the best and brightest people.

I dont know whats worse the fact that she will probably make zero public statements or the fact that she will earn hundreds of thousands of dollars of our money doing it

Grisham also has two DUI convictions, the first in 2013 and the second in 2015 after she began working for Trump."

Despite her setbacks, and weathering everything the left wing crazies could throw at her, she kept fighting and attained her goal of reaching the White House.

Your jealousy is showing again Stoopie. You let a woman beat you, and she'd crush you like the insect you are!:diva:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Wow! Now that was an interesting article.

We can argue about whether Ms. Gresham's deeds disqualify her from service or show her worthy of service due to her tenaciousness. And we can argue whether the recounted incidents are alleged, proven, or something else. And we can argue as to the propriety of the AAA gossip.

But what can't be argued is that the NYT's article was written by an author using a nom de plume. The author's real name isn't Elizabeth Williamson, it's Marie Barone.*

So much passive-aggressive, so much "damning with faint praise." Character assassination via bejeweled stiletto rather than common cudgel. Subtle and sublime, NYT! Well done!

*If the reference doesn't ring a bell, go here: https://raymond.fandom.com/wiki/Marie_Barone

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Sapidus

Wow! Now that was an interesting article.

We can argue about whether Ms. Gresham's deeds disqualify her from service or show her worthy of service due to her tenaciousness. And we can argue whether the recounted incidents are alleged, proven, or something else. And we can argue as to the propriety of the AAA gossip.

But what can't be argued is that the NYT's article was written by an author using a nom de plume. The author's real name isn't Elizabeth Williamson, it's Marie Barone.*

So much passive-aggressive, so much "damning with faint praise." Character assassination via bejeweled stiletto rather than common cudgel. Subtle and sublime, NYT! Well done!

*If the reference doesn't ring a bell, go here: https://raymond.fandom.com/wiki/Marie_Barone

--- End of line (MCP)

I would say people in public positions of this magnitude get one chance.

Two DUI’s in 2 years would be disqualifying.

Yooper

I would say people in public positions of this magnitude get one chance.

Two DUI’s in 2 years would be disqualifying.
Fair enough; I tend to agree. But I would like the facts of the case to be better known before they're weighed in the court of public opinion.

I say that because while this snip from the article may be correct, there seems to be more in play (in light of the last sentence of the snip):
In December 2015 in Arizona, Ms. Grisham was arrested for driving under the influence. She pleaded guilty and was fined, and in August 2016 the court ordered her into a treatment program. It was a second offense: In 2013 she was arrested for driving under the influence, speeding and driving with an invalid license.

The 2013 charges were reduced in 2014 to reckless driving, according to court records. Ms. Grisham has told The New York Times that she complied with all sanctions and disclosed both episodes to the White House.
What's in play works both ways: if the charges aren't as damning as the article seems to paint them, then it's unfair. But if she gamed the system to get reductions of the original charges, that too is unfair. In the former, it's character assassination (and this stuff is corrosive to the Public Good); in the latter, it's enabling harmful behavior (especially, to others; I'm not going to come to the aid of a legit DUI offender, never mind one with two!).

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

That could sum up your whole life. You should crochet it onto a pillow.

Not surprised you support yet another convicted criminal
The first line was really good. Honestly, very funny.

Wished you had left it there.... The second line took the air right out of the first one.

--- End of line (MCP)

WingsOfGold

Owlgore Jr, obamas oldest ugly duckling, Sam Donaldson, Bubba Clinton, Tipper The Dipper, Inept obama and his blow addiction, Marion Barry.........