Memorial Day

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's the new Vince Flynn book and MAN is it good! I'm only about a third of the way through and I can hardly put it down.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by vraiblonde
It's the new Vince Flynn book and MAN is it good! I'm only about a third of the way through and I can hardly put it down.

What is it about?:shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's the latest in the Mitch Rapp series (that's the main character, for those of you who've never read any Flynn). Rapp is an assassin for the CIA and this time he's going after an Al Qaeda splinter group that has plans to nuke DC. There are all kinds of politics involved in him getting permission to take out his target and, PS, they might dick around so much he won't get there in time.

What I like about these books is, #1, they're very realistic and, #2, the plot coincides with real life current events. Flynn wrote about Muslim terrorists attacking the US WAY before 9-11. After 9-11, his next book was about the overthrow and capture of Saddam Hussein. After US forces overthrew and captured Hussein IRL, he wrote about the Palestinians and Israelis. Now he's writing about an Al Qaeda nuclear threat.

It's kind of eerie the way he predicts the future. Great books! :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Flynn...

...is Clancey without all the tedious detail.

Clancey: "He removed his Heckler and Koch .45 USP from the ballistic nylon combat holster, loaded with Speer Gold Dot Hollow Points, dropped the slide and 16 lbs of tension ramed home a round. He could see his mans last breathe being drawn, his trachea quivering as the bullet left on it's deadly course at 950 feet per second, no time for his prey to do any more than recognize the blinding flash..."

Flynn: "Rapp blew Achmeds brains all over the floor with his silenced .45 and asked 'who's next?' to the terrified trio of no longer martyr wannabe's"

Vince

Originally posted by vraiblonde
It's the latest in the Mitch Rapp series (that's the main character, for those of you who've never read any Flynn).
Think I'll start with the first one in the series.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Vince
Think I'll start with the first one in the series.
The first one isn't a Mitch Rapp book but the plot is referenced throughout the subsequent books. It's called "Term Limits". Then you read:

Transfer of Power
The Third Option
Separation of Power
Executive Power
Memorial Day