Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
… light the corners of my mind…

2DCBA29B-13DF-45C8-BA09-CB38FB936FF7.jpeg

Grumpy

… light the corners of my mind…

View attachment 166493

:lmao: I remember the days of deciding to skip school on a hot spring day, pooling our money for gas and beer and heading to the Crown gas station for some 29.9 cent regular and Sammy's for beer. Then, heading to Sunrise Beach (near Crownsville) for the day. Parents always wondered about the sun burn but we just told it was a track meet day and we were outside all day..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I often regretted the fact that the engine in my '57 Chevy (from a '67 corvette) ran like total crap with anything less than 98 octane...and 98 octane gas was over 80 cents a gallon!.... But when I had her all waxed and polished and it was time to show off on a Friday night...all worth it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
:lmao: I remember the days of deciding to skip school on a hot spring day, pooling our money for gas and beer and heading to the Crown gas station for some 29.9 cent regular and Sammy's for beer. Then, heading to Sunrise Beach (near Crownsville) for the day. Parents always wondered about the sun burn but we just told it was a track meet day and we were outside all day..
I was pumping gas in '72 just out of high school. Hess was 29.9, their premium was 33. I'd fill the tank on my Belair on tips alone and still have enough for a burger and fries at McD's.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Only time I paid $.30 a gallon for gas was when I was filling a can to mow lawns in the early 70s. By the time I was driving it was close to 50.

limblips

PREMO Member
I was 18 in the 1973/74 era: Gas ~$0.49/gal, Utica Club or Rheingold beer $0.90/six pack (Ballentine for a dime more for the uppity douches) . Damn those were good times. I lived in rural Northern NY where it was lake parties in the summer, skating/snowmobile parties in the winter and fun the year around. Great memories.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I was 18 in the 1973/74 era: Gas ~$0.49/gal, Utica Club or Rheingold beer $0.90/six pack (Ballentine for a dime more for the uppity douches) . Damn those were good times. I lived in rural Northern NY where it was lake parties in the summer, skating/snowmobile parties in the winter and fun the year around. Great memories.
I grew up on Long Island. Substitute Long Island Sound for lakes, and it was pretty much the same thing. We had an annual party called a Solar Boogie on the beach every summer. Weekend of August 2-3, 1980 was of particular significance. After a very long and drunken Solar Boogie, I started work at a new job on the 4th. Immediately was nicknamed The Beach Bum. Retired from that employer 33 years later.

My family came from the Poughkeepsie/Adirondack area, and grandma would have stories of running hooch thru the mountains.