Men, you're ugly. - Women. 80 percent of men are below average in looks according to women

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Tinder Experiments II: Guys, unless you are really hot you are probably better off not wasting your time on Tinder — a quantitative socio-economic study

OkCupid Checks Out The Dynamics Of Attraction And Your Love Inbox

NextJen

Raisin cane
My bff lost her husband about a year and 1/2 ago. She recently contemplated using Our Time to possibly find someone to start dating, to have some companionship, and see what might come of it. I sat with her once as she was looking through some 'potentials' and I was simply amazed at the pics that some guys would post of themselves.....pics with women in the shot with them, bad lighting, unkempt appearance, crazy-Manson eyes, etc.
I'm not sure how some of those guys expected to get any responses. However, these pics could just be 'truth in advertising' and at least you don't get some 20 year old photo of someone who once had hair, muscles and a nice tan.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I was trolling the online dating sites I was frequently amazed at the pics some guys would post, and be doubly amazed at the profiles they'd write. That half-naked selfie in the bathroom mirror - oh honey, no.

Those of you who've been on here for awhile certainly read my online dating adventures. :twitch:

NextJen

Raisin cane
I have reached the conclusion that life is much more enjoyable, fulfilling, bearable, etc. when you can share/experience it with another.

I think I'm more of this mindset myself. Just trying to figure out where I'm at right now. If/when I jump back out there, I'll make sure I post a good, current picture....like my avatar. 😁

Though I am a true introvert and am my #1 most favorite person to spend time with... I have reached the conclusion that life is much more enjoyable, fulfilling, bearable, etc. when you can share/experience it with another.
I agree with that, and do miss that, and there are things I don't do because going single is just weird, but I'll glady trade those times for the rest of the time where I answer to no one but myself, no feelings to get hurt, no drama moments. I mean, really... how many of you ladies would put up with my toys and hobbies at my age?

Lots of wimmons fell for those "shades of gray" movies... :whip:
So.... you're saying I need to get some leather stuff?

Funny thing...... there was a forum member who I invited over for drinks one time, and she refused because my basement might be a place where things like that happen. Seriously.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Funny thing...... there was a forum member who I invited over for drinks one time, and she refused because my basement might be a place where things like that happen. Seriously.

Why? What the hell did you say to her???

I know about a million terrific guys who would be great catches for someone, but they typically have bizarre expectations and think only a 20 years younger super model is worthy of their attention. Which is why my female friend, who is perfect in pretty much every way, is still single.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Not a thing. I just invited her over for a movie, and at that time my "theater" was in the basement. She was just paranoid.
My first date with my husband was driving from Alexandria, VA to Calvert Co to see the house he was building. The way he described it, I figured I'd see at least the framing done. Got there and there was just a huge hole in the ground. He told me to come down in the hole so he could describe where all the rooms were going to go but I stayed where I was. I told him years later that I thought once I got into the hole, he'd kill me and build his house on top of my body. :lol:

Toxick

Splat

I don't think this is entirely true.
I was briefly on this app when I was single, and I got matches fairly regularly, and there's definitely nothing special going on here, looks-wise.

I think the secret is that you need to take pictures of yourself with all of your clothes on, looking neat and hygienic, where you show your teeth (smiling - not bearing your fangs), and preferably where your ex is not prominently featured as your arm candy. Maybe throw something semi-intelligent in your profile bio.

Easy-peasy, no-prick-teasy.

Also don't send randos pictures of your junk when they say hi.