Men's Marriage Strike?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Attention, Nata's Mommy

I think you already know the solution to your problem so I'll skip that for now. I think you also know how you got yourself into this situation so I'll skip that, too (and you math majors out there know what I'm talking about).

What I will say is that it's NOT okay for men to do this. It's NOT okay for women to do this. What's important in life is to make good decisions for yourself and your child. Now start doing it.

Re: Attention, Nata's Mommy

Originally posted by vraiblonde
I think you already know the solution to your problem so I'll skip that for now. I think you also know how you got yourself into this situation so I'll skip that, too (and you math majors out there know what I'm talking about).

You go girl!! There are plenty of fish in the sea. All I have so say is keep a record a journal whatever in a notebook . Write every thing down that he has said or did. Just don't twist the story to much

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Attention, Nata's Mommy

Originally posted by vraiblonde

What I will say is that it's NOT okay for men to do this. It's NOT okay for women to do this. What's important in life is to make good decisions for yourself and your child. Now start doing it.

:clap: There are too many people in this world feeling sorry for themselves. That is a huge problem. I married a jerk, he treated me like crap as well as his son. I left plain and simple. Do I hate all men because of it? No. Do I say I'll never marry again? No. People are individuals. When and if I ever meet the person who is "right" for me, not just ok or decent I will marry again and have more kids. It's all about choices people and we all make bad choices, learn from them and move on!

Bk,
Were you having a bad day when you started this thread?

Re: Re: Attention, Nata's Mommy

Originally posted by pixiegirl

:clap: There are too many people in this world feeling sorry for themselves. That is a huge problem. I married a jerk, he treated me like crap as well as his son. I left plain and simple. Do I hate all men because of it? No. Do I say I'll never marry again? No. People are individuals. When and if I ever meet the person who is "right" for me, not just ok or decent I will marry again and have more kids. It's all about choices people and we all make bad choices, learn from them and move on!

Bk,

I have to agree with you pixie. Just move on. I had to do it for my child's sake. For 5 years and working 3 jobs at one time. You know things happen for a reason and have a way of working out. All that we can do is learn and move on.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Re: Attention, Nata's Mommy

Originally posted by pixiegirl

Bk,

No, not at all! I was just "stirrin' the pot" a bit, that's all...

As I said, it's actually quite the opposite from my experience.
Women today are all about their independence and careers, then they hit their late 30's and suddenly realize that they passed up most of their opportunities for what they REALLY wanted...a family!
I plan to be there to laugh at every one of them when they reach that stage!
:D

Oh, and by the way, welcome Nata's Mommy!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
You'll find lots of friendly help around here.

What are you wearing?

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
-Now, on a serious note-

NATA'S MOMMY:

Vrai and Pixie basically said it...
but...I will go ahead and tell you what "you already know"
You married him when he was 17... he didn't have the chance to "be young" and "grow up".... so he is being a kid now...:rolleyes:

I am very much against young marriages...for this simple reason...why rush? ...you have the rest of your lives.

I know you mentioned multiple kids. I only hope you didn't marry because you were already pregnant. Marriages like that usually turn out sour...simply because you are in the marriage out of obligation not out of desire.

Anyway, sounds like a real bad situation. All I can say is... don't put up with it. Your children do not need to see all this mess...very unhealthy. Take care of them and yourself!