Metaformin

sockgirl77

Anyone on it now? Used to be on it? Any side effects? Did it work? My doctor wants to put me on this and I'm just curious if it works.

Mojo

My grandma was taking it and she turned into a cow, oh nevermind, that was metamorphosis.

SoMDGirl42

Anyone on it now? Used to be on it? Any side effects? Did it work? My doctor wants to put me on this and I'm just curious if it works.

It's actually metformin. The brand is glucophage.

I experienced horrible diarrhea while taking it. It's a common side effect. It was so bad I had them change to different medication. I have several family members that also take it, same side effect. You will get used to having a bathroom nearby after every meal, and then some. I refuse to take it again.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

Every diabetic I know is on it. It helps, but doesn't allow you to ignore things like diet and exercise. I've never heard of serious side effects.

sockgirl77

It's actually metformin. The brand is glucophage.

I experienced horrible diarrhea while taking it. It's a common side effect. It was so bad I had them change to different medication. I have several family members that also take it, same side effect. You will get used to having a bathroom nearby after every meal, and then some. I refuse to take it again.

Nevermind. I was on Glucophage years ago and it tore up my stomach. I took Avandia and it did much better.