Metal Building kits

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
We're looking for a supplier of metal building kits that has a reputation better than Alan's has been in recent years. 26 x 40 with two garage doors, one regular door and a lean-to along the length of one side. Needs to have "heavy duty" roof framing option to support a solar panel array of 800-1000 square feet.

Anyone had a good experience with a company that will supply those to the southern MD (7D) area?

Clem72

We're looking for a supplier of metal building kits that has a reputation better than Alan's has been in recent years. 26 x 40 with two garage doors, one regular door and a lean-to along the length of one side. Needs to have "heavy duty" roof framing option to support a solar panel array of 800-1000 square feet.

Anyone had a good experience with a company that will supply those to the southern MD (7D) area?
If you end up finding one let us know. I need to move my workshop out of my basement and wouldn't mind a metal building. Actually metal with "vinyl siding" to match the house would be even better, but that would probably need to be custom.

TPD

the poor dad
As Kom said - R&D Cross in Brandywine. There is also an Amish place in Mechicsville - Brookline I think is the name. I wanna say they are on Ryceville Rd but can’t be sure. I can look in my farm magazines/newspapers for some of the national companies.

I just talked to Dave Cross a couple weeks ago to get a price on our new store. Not sure if he will just sell the materials if you want to build it yourself. His materials/designs come from an Amish or Mennonite company out of PA. I think he hires a local Amish crew to put up the building- ItsBob can probably answer that question for you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thanks!..that's two good leads.

Due to budget and property access issues - and with an abundance of volunteer labor - we were planning to erect the building ourselves. But I'll start a discussion with Cross anyway.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We used R&D Cross, and are totally happy with what we got. There are a few tweaks that I wish I had made (adding on just six more feet in the length of our build, adding in one more access door to the far side of the building), but that is my own damn fault, not the Cross's product.

We'd totally use them again.

DannyMotorcycle

We ended up going a different route...a purpose-designed stick-built frame - very heavy duty scantlings - with a metal roof. A "pole barn" almost. We'll close it in as a garage later...for now we are focused on getting the solar system installed and operating.

Are you going with your own install or using a company? details?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Are you going with your own install or using a company? details?
All done by us. We've got the concrete foundation piers poured and the timber for erecting the structure is on site.
solar structure.jpg